So because they dont have a license to dbz they get hated on? That makes no sense most dbz games out there are 1 punch 500 levels type and that has no type of balance nor good gfx u should be happy that someone is making a dragonabll z game that look good in the first place and play good.
In response to 5ratsuperhalo
5ratsuperhalo wrote:
So because they dont have a license to dbz they get hated on? That makes no sense most dbz games out there are 1 punch 500 levels type and that has no type of balance nor good gfx u should be happy that someone is making a dragonabll z game that look good in the first place.

I find it amusing that you believe that I think that the other DBZ games are good. There has only been one DBZ game that I truly enjoyed and it was the friggin card game that ended after you beat Frieza. And that was for the Gameboy back in like 99.

This game doesn't look good. It looks okay. It passes the "you didn't fuck up too badly test". But as you can see, the model is entirely too small. Do you remember snake way from the anime? It had a width of maybe 3-5 dudes. This snake way has a width of like 7-10 dudes but that can be excused. What can't be excused is the lack of effort to making snake way at least curve so it can be a snake way and not a cartesian way.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
5ratsuperhalo wrote:
So because they dont have a license to dbz they get hated on? That makes no sense most dbz games out there are 1 punch 500 levels type and that has no type of balance nor good gfx u should be happy that someone is making a dragonabll z game that look good in the first place.

I find it amusing that you believe that I think that the other DBZ games are good. There has only been one DBZ game that I truly enjoyed and it was the friggin card game that ended after you beat Frieza. And that was for the Gameboy back in like 99.

This game doesn't look good. It looks okay. It passes the "you didn't fuck up too badly test". But as you can see, the model is entirely too small. Do you remember snake way from the anime? It had a width of maybe 3-5 dudes. This snake way has a width of like 7-10 dudes but that can be excused. What can't be excused is the lack of effort to making snake way at least curve so it can be a snake way and not a cartesian way.

So you came in here with bias, ok. We're done here. :)
In response to Lugia319
Legendary Super Warriors was a good game too, you should try that.
In response to UPD4T3
Anyone that says that they're not biased is lying. Hell, even YOU are biased concerning this topic (probably the most so). But no, I'm evaluating your image based on accuracy to its source material, which it fails spectacularly.
All in all, if you have the time and capability to improve something in a game you are apart of you should do it otherwise it shows you as lazy and not ambitious to improve, lol.
0/10 wudnt play no curves
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
All in all, if you have the time and capability to improve something in a game you are apart of you should do it otherwise it shows you as lazy and not ambitious to improve, lol.

I'm not ambitious because... lmao, okay.
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:

You're not ambitious because the words "good enough" exist in your map design of snake way, and presumably everywhere else. Ganite showed me your "gameplay trailer" from early development; tell me, are you guys still using tiled movement or have you graduated to pixel movement (another feature Falacy's DBZHU2 has over you and it was made before BYOND wanted to start making quality standards)
Game defiantly wasn't tiled movement your fried Lugia good day.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Game defiantly wasn't tiled movement your fried Lugia good day.

This was your gameplay trailer? It's a load of crock (gameplay wise, the fight scene is total bollocks), but you can see when you open the inventory that you've divided the map into cells and each step is half a cell. Tiled movement in a nuthshell.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
UPD4T3 wrote:
Edit Nero wrote:

You're not ambitious because the words "good enough" exist in your map design of snake way, and presumably everywhere else. Ganite showed me your "gameplay trailer" from early development; tell me, are you guys still using tiled movement or have you graduated to pixel movement (another feature Falacy's DBZHU2 has over you and it was made before BYOND wanted to start making quality standards)

I was ambitious enough to do it in the first place, I think. Could it be better? Oh definitely! Will it eventually be improved? More than likely! For now though, it's good enough considering all the other monumental objects I need to do.

I wonder, do you expect an exact replica of Dragonball/Z/Super too?
In response to UPD4T3
I do, if you're going to tack their name on it. "Good enough" exists in your vocabulary so I can already tell the game will be shite. In addition, you've just stated that you have no grasp at the concept of a "finished product" (the other downfall of online games - knowing when you're done). "It'll get better... eventually!" That's the sign of a lazy developer.
In response to Lugia319
I'm still waiting on your Snake Way that's going to blow mine out of the water though, for now, I think my 90degrees has blown anything else you've ever done out of the water... unless you'd like to prove otherwise?
In response to UPD4T3
Like I said, I'll deliver when you wire the money to my paypal. Until then, I've no incentive to make anything nor post it online. Posting images online is an easy way to get it ripped and as you've ripped everything out of Legacy of Goku (even the shitty things), I see no reason you wouldn't steal my work and use it without giving credit.
Ripped as placeholders, for sure. But that's the beauty of placeholders, right?

Shouldn't you be making some sub-par 8-bit music?
Make me a track that I can put in this game. It'll fit perfect in this "shite" game!
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:

Not always, developers have to prioritize their work load.

This thread went from showing off a screenshot to a big argument over how snake way looks. Give your opinion and lay off, I'm so sick of seeing this crap.

Lugia, I understand you have your opinions, I really do- but come on... Ganite is a novice developer, not a professional. You can't expect professional quality from someone who is under-qualified.

With all due respect, Ganite is trying to improve to become a better developer while also trying to create his own vision. We need more people doing this here on BYOND, we don't need to sit around and over extend a pointless debate such as snake way.
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
Shouldn't you be making some sub-par 8-bit music?
Make me a track that I can put in this game. It'll fit perfect in this "shite" game!

At least in my sub-par 8-bit music I actually try. You on the other stop at the 20-yard line because "it's good enough". And that's the lesson, right? I'm trying to make something good with everything I got and you're giving up early. I wonder who gets further?

The moral of the story is "If you're gonna half-ass things, don't bother".

I mean, if you need other things for me to complain about to make this thread worth your while, the cloud texture is horrible. The original design was at least decent, it was all hexagonal. The one you have is just... ugh. You traded rhombi for parallelograms.
There is no lesson here, except you prefer it one way and I did it another. I have other "ambitious" works I need to be doing. The least of my worries is Snake Way.

THE GAME BREAKER.
You done being a try-hard, or naaaaaaaaaaah?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6