Spirit Age

by Chris Gayle
Spirit Age
An amazing action adventure game in a fantasy world on mystical islands
Nice, I like the new trees too haha. That new race looks epic tho, wasn't expecting that at all. The Best looking wolf race I'd seen on byond .
This is late but my icons flicker also.
Yut Put wrote:
sounds like what i had expected. the fame to infamy thing sounds kind of like a mix between SWTOR's affinity scale and TES's bounty system.
or Fable's good/bad points system.

Yut Put wrote:
never played fable. heard fable 3 was badly overrated

Hm pretty much all of them were I think. They all started out good....and ended rather terribly. They had good concepts.. just.. failed miserably to fully execute them...
Fable Tlc was the best, it was the expansion for the very first fable game :) outdated gfx now, but it is my favourite game. where every action affected your character, you could be hated by npc's, loved or feared making friends, making enemy's becoming good or evil, grow horns gain a halo and a ton more.

The more food you ate the fatter you got, or starved yourself and thinner you got, could drink alchahol and make everything blurry and hard to see, till you did too much you threw up.

You could have sex, have homes, own shops and a lot more, there was an arena stage which was great and all the weapons and armor you could get which were for amazing, they were for defence, looks and friendliness as well. You could wear something with good armor rating and a huge fear factor which would make people scared of you. but if you were pure good, you'd probably be very admired.

every skill was useful and great to use, it really made you want to max everything out, be the best you could, and choose weather to be good or evil, i played the game as a pure good pure evil and a neutral character with different outcomes and evenly matched fun.
In response to Ratzy
Ratzy wrote:
Fable Tlc was the best, it was the expansion for the very first fable game :) outdated gfx now, but it is my favourite game. where every action affected your character, you could be hated by npc's, loved or feared making friends, making enemy's becoming good or evil, grow horns gain a halo and a ton more.

The more food you ate the fatter you got, or starved yourself and thinner you got, could drink alchahol and make everything blurry and hard to see, till you did too much you threw up.

You could have sex, have homes, own shops and a lot more, there was an arena stage which was great and all the weapons and armor you could get which were for amazing, they were for defence, looks and friendliness as well. You could wear something with good armor rating and a huge fear factor which would make people scared of you. but if you were pure good, you'd probably be very admired.

every skill was useful and great to use, it really made you want to max everything out, be the best you could, and choose weather to be good or evil, i played the game as a pure good pure evil and a neutral character with different outcomes and evenly matched fun.

YEa, and nothing really has changed since fable 1. As a matter of fact, half of the stuff in fable one was sort of "half done" it had cool "ideas" but really they were more of like the beginning of something that COULD have been much cooler. For instance I could think of tons of ways that having a family could have been much more interesting..

Really all they did with the second and third game was slightly alter combat and magic, change the scenery and give it a new plot. I personally am not satisfied playing the same game over again with a new wrapper on it.
Yeah what they said ^^, I love Fable The lost chapters it is my favourite RPG.
Personally, I'm a man of story. I do not like games that expect you to simply want to level up for no reason. Thats the main reason I don't play a popular game called maple story. Lack of motivation aside from friends does not make a good game. But if spirit age manages to engage me, and proves that its non story content is super awesome, this will be a masterpiece. Also, I highly recommend adding sound effects to give it a added wow factor.
We're considering either using open resources for sounds or save up to pay a composer. The latter being a bit more difficult since we've managed to cover every aspect of development by ourselves, with the majority of what funds we(Chris)could muster going into server costs.

I realize different people want different things. In response to that i can only say we'll try our best.
Opengameart has a lot of handy and free sound resources that could be very helpful. I acquired all of my sound effects for Dungeon Diver from that site.
I took a look around that site not too long ago. didn't really delve into it seeing as much as i should.that would be our first choice if we went with using free sound resources.
I tend to use jewelbeat. It's not free but they have quality music and once you purchase it *99cents per track* you are free to use it how you see fit.
Alright, it's been a while since I've poked around here. That being said, I like the trees, as always. What bothers me about them, though, is that you could really work to improve the dynamic of the trees. While very well drawn, the feel I'm getting is static. It doesn't "wow" me. Place more emphasis on branches. Emphasize the integrity of the leaves on the inside of the tree, rather than just the outside. Anyway, I'm not bashing the trees (they're great), just some thoughts on what could be improved :)
Page: 1 2