I have my own original tile and so does avid so i dont kno what ur trying to get at. Because u had a DBZ game thats why i dont get why ur against them...
Correction.

All this drama would never have started if you guys realized that I wasn't trying to exploit the fan-base at all.

Byond gets a portion of anything I make with Ki Warriors and Kage(and any of my other future games that aren't fangames) hands down.

The goal of the games I make is to draw a HUGE portion of their wasted fanbase to play games that aren't broken and are actually fun.

And if you guys had any sense, you'd help out too. But.. as usual you guys just like to sit around and take pot shots.

#of original game fans in Byond 100.
#of anime game fans in Byond OVER 9,000.

So you do the math. If I got 9,000 people to give me 2 dollars and byond gets 1 dollar of that, the fund o meter has been filled for what... 2 -3 months?
There must be some disturbance in the force or something cause this isn't the only drama that's been happening the last few days.

I think the reason all this drama starts is that you guys need to chill the heck out and let things go. Stop taking things so seriously and so personally. You all gang up on Lugia and now you feel like you can dish out your disapproval on everybody in the forums.

It isn't working.
In response to Byonamous
Correction SAO has got a grip of shit due to the screenshot showing the Kobalt boss. Now everyone thinks it's a replica of Sword Art Online. When in reality it's slightly inspired by Sword Art Online. However you should just wait and show them that it isn't a fangame when you guys have something to show.
Also you all feel like you need to respond to every little thing.

Those of you getting harshly criticized, stop taking it so seriously and feeling like you need to defend yourselves. Most of the community isn't against you.

Those of you harshly criticizing, stop it too. Voice your opinions, but do it in a positive light.

All of you are perpetuating derails and flame wars right now.
In response to Fugsnarf
Guess my motivational speaking skills are a bit lax.
My b.
*straightens tie*
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
Next you'll be telling me that Suuko Faita is a blatant dbz rip-since it is heavily inspired by DBZ, borrows some of the same character designs-slightly editted, and applies some of the themes inherent with DBZ.From what Branks showed me last time we spoke.

Not to derail or anything, but:

It was a blatant DBZ rip. Initially we wanted to have a throwback to DBZ and, instead, ended up with a headache. We had grey Majins, Namekians without scales, Saiyans without tails ( which is normal in DBZ anyway ), and plans for SSJ under a different name. In fact, the "original storyline" was the same as DBZ with very minor differences. I could keep the list going considering I was/am the only programmer/designer for it. I even pointed out here what it was and why it wasn't working out.

At this point, it might as well be turned into a DBZ game, calling it what it is, instead of trying to be a knockoff. Either go original or go fangame, struggling to find a medium for the sake of profit is even more time consuming.
In response to Lige
Your choice.
It all boils down to a point of view, is my original point.
Knockoff-maybe.
Fangame- nope.
Fugsnarf said:
You all gang up on Lugia and now you feel like you can dish out your disapproval on everybody in the forums.

Not important, but I thought I'd point out that you were part of that "gang", albeit less involved compared to others.

Carry on.

*Disappears within a smoke bomb*
Yeah, I was. And I rather liked that thread. He deserved it. Nobody else here is deserving of that kind of treatment.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnark senpai!
*tears*

That's uh... Kozuma... Not me. Im not working on an RPG.
In response to Kats
It's not his fault; there's simply way to many 'K' names around here, lol.
Nice looks like a lot of people been putting in work lately. Keep up good work everyone mentioned in post!
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

really?
In response to Kwark
Kwark wrote:
Kumorii wrote:

really?

Really.
@Fuggems: About the Lugia thing: Sometimes you have to put your dick in someone's mouth to prove a point. Nothing resembling that energy from that thread is happening here.

@Avid: I think you are taking what I'm saying the wrong way. I'm not telling you to stop what you are doing. I'm saying that what you are doing is a shameless capitalization on another franchise. I'm not saying at all what you are doing is illegal at all.

I think the language of this conversation is pointlessly and frustratingly poisoned by a complete lack of context outside of this community though.

I never called your game a rip. I never said the code or art wasn't original. I merely criticized just how much stuff you blatantly and lazily lifted from DBZ's canon. I think you are creative enough to do better. I'm glad you brought up Lige as an example, because he's incredibly self-aware about this topic. I'd suggest a conversation with him about SF. You might gain some perspective.

But I suppose exchanging walls of text doesn't have much purpose to this thread because well, frankly you've already admitted you aren't going to read them, and you really aren't hearing what I'm actually saying.

Every single person in this conversation has twisted what I've said into something that it's not. Even the people that are attempting to agree with me.
In response to Ter13
Hi Ter13 im working with avid i i agree with what ur saying to a degree but the point we are making is that should be the same outrage about all fan games not just dbz u guys are basing it of the history of byond and dbz. But there is no diffrence between that and naruto, bleach,sao, and others i was just making the point of people not being disrespectful about it that do the same thing but its ok just as long as its not dbz. I kno by logic it sounds bad but these forums have people that give good advice and other that troll and thats why sometimes it comes off some type of way. Not to mention that 90% of the people who talk about fan games never finish a projects that can change things here i wish it was more work and less talk. and iv been listening to what u say on a lot of forum and u seem to be one of the people who can give and opinion without getting immature but like u said people seem to take what u say and twist it to the point of disrespect
Semi-obvious troll wrote:
Hi Ter13 im working with avid i i agree with what ur saying to a degree but the point we are making is that should be the same outrage about all fan games not just dbz u guys are basing it of the history of byond and dbz. But there is no diffrence between that and naruto, bleach,sao, and others i was just making the point of people not being disrespectful about it that do the same thing but its ok just as long as its not dbz.

"Why are you stabbing me?"

"Why are you mad? People get stabbed all the time!"

^This is your logic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_passing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Eichmann_in_Jerusalem#The_banality_of_evil

There's a concept called the banality of evil that actually sort of applies here. When a person is exclusively focused on what others are doing without first laying a critical eye on what they themselves are doing, they can justify ANY negative behavior.

The more you focus on self-promotion without considering critically what it is that your actions say about you, the more you head down this hole of utter refusal to take responsibility for yourself. Instead, any criticism of your actions is excused by classic blame-shifting.
In response to Ter13
And thats what i mean why do i have to be a troll iv been nothing but respectful..to disagree with something make u a troll. Im not saying anything that isn't true but u guys wont have to worry about me on forums for awhile u can continue arguing and not fixing anything be my guess. I was just saying if ur gonna hate something because of the past then thats fine, but u would be hating something u haven't played be cause u believe based off a character select pic that it is just dbz and use the argument that we are using likenesses and that wrong. But will support any other anime based game is crazy. what I was planing on doing in the first place is take all dbz related things visually out witch is only 2 suits and 2 skin colors everything else from combat to functions is original coding but before i could even take the advice i got people who never played the game saying it sucks and putting it in the same spot as the zeta rips
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7