ID:1978406

Resolved
The server sent information regarding client.pixel_x/y/z animations incorrectly in some cases.
BYOND Version:509.1312
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 41.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
animate does not animate pixel_x/pixel_y over time when the time argument is set.

For example, the following should move the client camera south 50 pixels over the course of 5 seconds. However, this appears to be instant.
animate(src.client, pixel_y=-50, time=50)

I haven't really gotten into using animate yet, so if I'm doing something wrong just let me know. For now I will just leave this here.
I'll retest this, though I've definitely seen client pixel offsets animate.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'll retest this, though I've definitely seen client pixel offsets animate.

Does calling it again while its animating cause it to immediately finish?

EDIT: Still jumps when only called once.
I had a continued animate() loop that didn't set the pixel_y value when it was changed in the second animate() proc. Everything else changed just fine.
It's weird, because even if it's called just once it just snaps to whatever I said to animate the pixel_y to.

EDIT: Maybe it's jumping because otherwise it wouldn't finish in the specified amount of time? Still looking into this.
Okay, so if it's interrupted it jumps to the end immediately.

From the reference:

The first line. I need it to transition from its current state, not jump to the end and transition from there.
From what I'm seeing, I believe the problem is caused by the pixel offset being more than one tile away. I'll investigate this further.

What I'm seeing right now is a jump, a gradual slide, and another jump. There's probably some code accounting for this on the server end that would explain it, so it might be a difficult fix.

One of the current limitations of animating client pixel offsets is indeed that the server does not send extra map info to compensate.
What about the animation jumping to the end when another animate call is made? Should I create a new bug report?
Hrm, my big-size theory is wrong; I'm seeing the jump even on smaller sizes like 10.

I wouldn't bother making a new report yet, since it might be connected to this issue.
Alright, hopefully it's not too hard to track down. =(
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The server sent information regarding client.pixel_x/y/z animations incorrectly in some cases.
wheeww. I can finally get back to making my hopable ledges in Skirmish. c:
Oh man, I'm so glad this is fixed.

Is it possible I can personally run a build where this is fixed?

I have a few reasons for needing so. Currently, animate jumps to the end if it's interrupted. The expected behavior is to stop the last animate where it was at, and transition over to the new animate. For example:

Let's say I animate the pixel_y to 50, and it only reaches 25 before another animate call is made. The second animate is trying to make the pixel_y go to 0. Instead of jumping to 50, it should remain at 25 and change direction going back to 0.

I just want to make sure that isn't a bug still, because if it is I'd like to see it fixed before the next stable release.
The jump-to-the-end issue was part of this.
Perfect, thanks!
1313 is out, so you should be good to go.
Lavenblade wrote:
animate does not animate pixel_x/pixel_y over time when the time argument is set.

For example, the following should move the client camera south 50 pixels over the course of 5 seconds. However, this appears to be instant.
> animate(src.client, pixel_y=-50, time=50)
>

I haven't really gotten into using animate yet, so if I'm doing something wrong just let me know. For now I will just leave this here.

I have the same problem in 514.1568 build.
In response to Marekssj3
You should post a new bug report, ideally with a test case so we can reproduce the problem. If this isn't working, it's a possible regression.
In response to Spevacus
Chances are this is already fixed for the next release.
In response to Spevacus
There is nothing to show, in any cases animation don't work propertly if i want to move client.pixel_y/pixel_x
Do you need demo with one line of code? I have the same operating system etc. I have just another byond version. Easier was refresh the same issue jus adding information about BYOND version.
Page: 1 2