This thread is cringey as fuck.

How many leaders in the house? I'm getting lonely, someone bring the mirrors out.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I thought you didn't use BYOND?

I don't. My information gets posted on this site and I always had to come back and address the situation, and I'm not doing it anymore. They're finished.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
GatewayRa wrote:
Who am I punishing not relevant to the problem?

o/

I like BYOND. I like the community, I like the engine, I like the forums, I like the hub, I even like the shitty Zeta rips. I like Lummox (Kayden be like, WOT BUT THAT'S NOT FEASIBLE (kek)), and I like the mods.

You might not agree with some, or any of the above, but that doesn't mean it's not true for me, and I'm sure a bunch of other people too.

y u do dis

y u hurt me

i do nothin wrong

Considering the new BYOND will be available to all community members and provide much better service, it isn't negatively impacting those that like BYOND, because they'll be able to find everything they like and more elsewhere.

It's only affecting the people that choose to horribly manage the content on this website.
In response to GatewayRa
More is less. More features = less the BYOND I know and love.

Shit analogy, but part of the charm for BYOND is finding over complicated solutions to trivial problems the engine has, I believe it was NullQuery that told me 'BYOND breeds better programmers if they're serious about it, because you have to create complicated and interesting solutions to problems that you otherwise wouldn't even have to think about'.

In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
More is less. More features = less the BYOND I know and love.

Shit analogy, but part of the charm for BYOND is finding over complicated solutions to trivial problems the engine has, I believe it was NullQuery that told me 'BYOND breeds better programmers if they're serious about it, because you have to create complicated and interesting solutions to problems that you otherwise wouldn't even have to think about'.

Cool. Well, the same amount of features + better performance and people like you are on the wagon. Good to know. Maybe I'll make additional parts of the language, optional modules for people like you that prefer simplistic. It will be 100% backwards compatible to DM.

Don't you worry. I'll continuously adjust until I take EVERYONE with me and reduce this place to NOTHING.
Cool
I sent you an email earlier to at least explain the thing you were upset about. I'd rather discuss things coolly, and I'm happy to do so if you're willing to talk things out.
In response to GatewayRa
GatewayRa wrote:
I have. Lummox was late at being compliant, didn't address the situation at all, and let the consequences slide through a bribe. This cycle (minus the bribe, to my knowledge) has been going on for quite a long time.

BYOND doesn't take proper measures to ensure the contents on this website aren't defamatory or identifiable personal information, and I'm done coming here to try to sort that out, so as far I see it they're responsible.

I'd like to address this here if I may. First, there is no such thing as proper measures to ensure content isn't defamatory or personally identifiable info. It's literally impossible to prevent that kind of thing on any site that works by user interaction. The only measures possible are to delete the stuff after the fact, and that was done already. I don't like that reality either, but it is what it is. The same is true for BYOND, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and anywhere else.

"Late at being compliant" is based on unrealistic expectations of what I would do and when. A bunch of drama popped up on the forums over a busy weekend, and I wasn't able to respond to the issues at hand immediately. Moderators deleted the thread in question before I could, at which point the dust settled, and I considered the matter handled. It was out of line for Baird to post what he did, but as I mentioned in the email I believe that was provoked by your friend creating an imposter key, just like the last incident was. It's just a cycle of retribution: your friend does something, Baird reacts. Neither is acceptable, and to be frank I found Baird's actions a lot worse.

I didn't ban Baird from the forums at the time because I honestly felt that doing so would only make the situation worse. I've seen that happen before. Once the thread was deleted, I didn't see any evidence of your stuff being abused again, so that to me was the end of it--but I want to make it clear that I completely understand your anger at that situation and where you're coming from. The fact that Baird recently made a donation was truly not a factor in my decision. My only goal here was to put a stop to the trouble, which another moderator already did for me.

On that subject: Baird, I get that you were upset about that imposter key, but I dealt with it as soon as I could. Same situation. Abusing someone's personal info is over the line, and I expect it not to happen again.
Page: 1 2 3 4