Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:1910348

Join our discord channel for daily updates on the game's progress! https://discord.gg/u4j9sNf

Staff List
Zane444
Ishuri
SulLight
SinOfHate
LukeFordAudio

Stress test is currently open to the public to assist with bug fixing and optimizations.

The Game
Land of Fire at it's heart is a 2D action online rpg that takes heavy inspiration from classics such as the Legend of Zelda and a little bit of sword of mana. This is all mixed together from influences of our favorite childhood anime, namely Naruto and samurai champloo.

The World
Land of Fire is set in a fictional world inspired by Japanese lore and culture. The world is on the verge of ruin and most of humanity have built massive walls around their settlements in hopes of staving off the threat of demons that roam the land freely. The people of this world have grown accustomed to the sheltered life and most can't even begin to comprehend what lies beyond the walls.

The malevolent demons known as yokai grow stronger with each moon and even begin to threaten the larger settlements. Totsukawa, a thriving colony is one of the largest settlements still left standing is where the majority of the story is centered. To the north are the black peaks, the home to the highly spiritual samurai whose sole purpose is believed to be to cleanse the land of the living of the demons.

Gameplay
Land of fire's gameplay is a mixture between hack n slash styled gameplay combined with attack chaining mechanics to create a fast paced and dynamic style of combat that rewards quick reflexes and skill.

Features

Explore a vast and beautiful world on the verge of ruin and umravel the secrets of Rien. Transverse bottomless carverns to lush grasslands. All meticulously crafted pixel by pixel.
Solve intricate puzzles with friends to uncover secret areas and lore. Some puzzles require special items or classes to be completed. This means that cooperation between the community is required to complete some puzzles.
Customize your character with a wide variety of clothing, weaponry and even fighting style with our unique combat system.
Fight otherworldly entities that want nothing more than to consume you. Each enemy is treated as an actual part of the world. We want to create beleivable ecosystems that breeds dynamic encounters not just mobs placed on a map to be slaughtered.
Survive The world of Rien is a harsh one. Nocturnal predators own the night and venturing beyond the walls come dusk is always a dangerous endeavour. Land of fire features a semi-perma death system. This means that upon death players lose all non essential items they're carrying upon death. To avoid this players are encourage to return to designated areas(Town, camps etc) to store their belongings. This is especially important when the sun begins to set.

Features
  • A Unique Roleplaying Experience
  • Heavy Character Customization
  • Unique Inventory System
  • Player Markets
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Housing and Furniture System
  • In depth Character Stats
  • Advanced and Friendly User Interface
  • and many more!

This is a sandbox RPG inspired by few popular Shinobi themed anime. Enter the Land of Fire for an immersing and unique experience.

Ninjas and Samurai welcome

Terms of Use BYOND ToS

I like the look, but with the amount of amazing combat I have seen, WHY is this an RP game?! Could a server be made for pure PvP gaming? RP ruins all good games for me.
In response to Thewittywhy
Thewittywhy wrote:
I like the look, but with the amount of amazing combat I have seen, WHY is this an RP game?! Could a server be made for pure PvP gaming? RP ruins all good games for me.

There will be two separate servers, one for RP and one for PvP. RP is advertised in the name because Land of Fire was initially going to be a pure RP game.
nice icons!!
When is this game going to go live?
In response to Kihatomay
Kihatomay wrote:
When is this game going to go live?

The game is still in closed alpha testing, but we do put up a public server periodically, just keep your eye out on the hub as we'll begin hosting it more frequently.
I honestly despise having to play a multi server game its so dumb, and splits up the community.
In response to Terex1166
Terex1166 wrote:
I honestly despise having to play a multi server game its so dumb, and splits up the community.

Not necessarily, it just gives options to players based on what they want. If there's a PvP only server, RPers who might not wanna PvP won't even join so you wouldn't see that part of the community anyway.
Will there be villages with players are hokages and missing or rouge ninjas?
IMD wrote:
Will there be villages with players are hokages and missing or rouge ninjas?

Figure heads of main locations will not be filled by players.
This game looks so tough
So it has been told to me that this game is going to be strictly pvp.. Now I have asked in the past about this game being rp but apparently that's not the case. So are you guys lying simply to hype the pvp shit and fuck over the rp community ?

If so i'll make sure to pass on the word.
In response to Stronger.Each.Day
Stronger.Each.Day wrote:
So are you guys lying simply to hype the pvp shit and fuck over the rp community ?

You caught us. We're lying to the RP community because we know really awesome and epic gameplay/content won't attract players. Sorry.

Stronger.Each.Day wrote:
If so i'll make sure to pass on the word.

Tell them Ishuri sent you, you might even get GM.
smh.
In response to Stronger.Each.Day
Stronger.Each.Day wrote:
smh.

But in all seriousness, at the moment we are only concentrating PvP, this was a decision made back in November. The game will still have RP, only on a separate server and upon launch, with another division team handling that.
PvP game? Are you serious? Finally a game I can play on BYOND..? You're pulling my leg aren't you. All this site has left is RP, you'll submit eventually. Or will you..? Interesting. I don't have the time for MMOs so I've always kept a glance at BYOND just in case, it would be nice to fight others. Hopefully there's still skilled PvPers hiding in the shadows, otherwise it'll get boring fast.

I'm not waiting for you to RP, you're going to die.
In response to ABK Is Awesome
From the streams, it seems to be mostly pvp focused and it's being ported to another platform instead of BYOND.
So... is this game still being worked on?
In response to Arotisan
Arotisan wrote:
So... is this game still being worked on?

Yerp, just not on BYOND. It'll still be hosted here tho.
In response to Ishuri
Why the game is not longer being worked on byond?
Page: 1 2