Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just a WIP of a HUD I'm working on.
bruh that UI m8
Many people are aware of the performance problems SS13 is famous for. Trying to sort that out has been a pet project of mine and several others for a really long time.

With that in mind I'd just like to say that... oh my god v510 is so good. SO. GOOD. BYOND is the best ever and Lummox is a hero. We were finally able to make some real progress with the new tick_usage feature.

Here's something we've cooked up to demonstrate it.
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=h6uZ52QRits&feature=youtu.be&t=5m37s

(if you aren't familiar with the game at all, even a couple explosions would easily lock it up before)
TIL about world.tick_usage

This shit is a godsend.
Been doing a lot! My biggest hurdle lately has been adding the framework for boss waves and incorporating the first of said bosses. This boss comes in the form of the Doppleganger! The doppleganger looks like regular players in most ways and will change it's appearance, name, and loadout to imitate active players. Pretty neat stuff to see in-game. I'll share more on this as I finish debugging and polishing things up. (;

Unrelated gifs.

R.I.P. The Box. (feat. Jaymon && Kozuma)

Just Kozzy doing mlg stuff.
In response to Kumorii
God damn it, Kumo.

Stop making your game look so pretty compared to my shite :(

Kozuma is a nudist #confirmed.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Kozuma is a nudist #confirmed.

I had to use them to clean up all the blood I lost after I broke the box :(
In response to Kozuma3
You should have killed kumoii and loot his clothes.
Ghost of ET wrote:
You should have killed kumoii and loot his clothes.

I went down in flames(literally), right after I touched 'The Box' xD
I decided to start working on my BigInt library again, and I'm really irritated with negative numbers. A while ago, I did a whole lot of rewriting to store numbers in two's complement form instead of using a sign flag, as it greatly simplified addition and subtraction (they become very nearly the same algorithm, just with a small change) and will later simplify casting arbitrary-precision integers to fixed-width integers that I will later implement.

Unfortunately, it has also made multiplication a fucking nightmare multiple times over. It's not an issue with the classical, O(n2) algorithm that I initially implemented, I got that working a while ago after lots of testing and debugging. Unfortunately, it has now reared its head on making the Karatsuba algorithm (which is O(2log23), and should be much faster for multiplication once numbers are a few hundred bits) a pain in the ass to get going.

God damned negative numbers.
After way to long, I've finally finished ironing out boss waves! The Doppleganger is done as well, with only a couple tweaks to its ai on my radar. (;

I forgot to mention that in the chaos of adding bosses, I added a new close-quarters map, Confined. Small, but manageable.. unless you're a pyro.
In response to MagicMountain
MagicMountain wrote:
Many people are aware of the performance problems SS13 is famous for. Trying to sort that out has been a pet project of mine and several others for a really long time.

With that in mind I'd just like to say that... oh my god v510 is so good. SO. GOOD. BYOND is the best ever and Lummox is a hero. We were finally able to make some real progress with the new tick_usage feature.

Here's something we've cooked up to demonstrate it.
https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=h6uZ52QRits&feature=youtu.be&t=5m37s

(if you aren't familiar with the game at all, even a couple explosions would easily lock it up before)

That is amazing, totally amazing. I remember back in my ss13 days that even a single small blast could lock up the server for multiple seconds. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
In response to Topkasa
That was actually really freakin' cool to watch.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I forgot to mention that in the chaos of adding bosses, I added a new close-quarters map, Confined. Small, but manageable.. unless you're a pyro.

That's literally the opposite of what i wanted >:l.
Larger, more complicated maps are definitely on my radar and probably my next large goal after I finish getting a couple new bosses in. Getting complicated maps with multiple levels and rooms will require some work with enemy spawning first.
Ready up window. (Edit: Size was shrunk sorry bout' that) it's slightly bigger)

Ready Up Window Mockup
Screenshots would do it no justice so here's a video to show some of the tabletop simulator work we've done so far.

https://youtu.be/tGjPQ1zCIR4

Working on this cutscene...
Phew, a lot has been accomplished with Feed lately!
As mentioned previously, bosses are finally implemented into Feed -- something that has been requested for literal years! I think it's been done well and the flexibility of the wave system being used, I can do so much with bosses or waves in general! Expect objective waves in the future!

The first boss spawns on wave 5 and is unique in the fact that it's the only current enemy to use weapons(beholders and abstracts not withstanding). The appearance of the Doppleganger is identical to a typical players. The unwary eye can easily mistake the Dopple for fellow teammates when facing him in multiplayer. It's behavior is that he changes appearance and weapon loadout to be identical to the targeted player's. It's fairly accurate with guns and if you think about going against him don't have genades equipped -- dopple genades will hurt you. Badly.

I'll probably slow it down a bit, but this boss fight instills a definite sense of panic; especially with the boss music!

It's definitely easier to strategize this boss in multiplayer!

Unrelated gifs:

Getting knocked around like punching bag!

The following gif shows off a small feature that has made a huge impact on gameplay. Players now have the ability to push enemies out of the way by running into them. This coupled with the recently added chained knockback makes pushing through hordes and escaping horde rapes a possibility!

To anyone who might be confused, I used a cowbell special to make enemies ignore me for a few seconds to demonstrate a strategy of pushing through a horde unharmed. Pushing enemies that are actively pursuing you comes with risk of being hit!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 349 350 351