The original is at completely different angles. That's what's not working.

DAE Vanishing point? A consistent perspective makes zero sense with the foreground and background objects.
In response to Ter13
Well yeah, but one is from the right and the other is from the left.
Well yeah, but one is from the right and the other is from the left.

Agreed there, but the tops were right. Either way it's a nitpick. Honestly with background objects you rarely even bother with sides. You can get away with them being fully 2D parallax objects and nobody will care. People are really used to seeing buildings as squares in the background with very little detail. He nailed it with the colors though.

Bad gif, but gives a glimpse of Hellbats.

Now that the big object bug is gone (praise the sun!) I've gotten back to work on the first boss.

Here's a test of it's death animation.

It's going to unlock an area below the room, which will branch off into it's own thing.
Me gusta. Will there be an option to adjust menu opacity?
What if... you are watching a game and want to multitask by building a deck AND watch. ;3
Add pve and an open world for players to explore using their characters.

In this open world have npcs that we can battle/pve.

In this open world add secrets that allow players to solve puzzles and mysteries and at the end of the cavern of secrets is a boss with special nonsense that they can do.

Different parts of map have different arenas.

then have 8 gyms that the player can defeat so we can go onto the elite 4 beat them and become the champion.
In response to Red Hall Dev
Red Hall Dev wrote:
Looks pretty sick but like popisfizzy said, the perspective is all off.

Just to show you what I mean, here's a version with a consistent perspective.

I really like what you did here Red Hall Dev. I do also agree with Kozuma that the original adds more of a sense of depth, but I still like your version better.

The background itself was made with the original intention of an 8-bit project, hence why I was particular with the color scheme. Thanks for the compliment Ter13!

As for the perspective, when I do get around to working on this level again, the whole thing is going to look a lot different. More emphasis will likely be on the buildings the player interacts with, these buildings probably will be flat and the background will likely move at a slower and more realistic pace with additional foreground/background objects to support it.

Originally, this map was used in a demo where every ramp roofed building had a ninja waiting to jump out of the glass at the player. And this demo was made with the intention of testing out sliding backgrounds.

I couldn't find that demo anywhere, but here's kind of what my original sliding background looked like. In relation to how far those buildings should be, it definitely moves too fast.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
It's going to unlock an area below the room, which will branch off into it's own thing.

Top notch death animation. The fading as well as the boss's death unlocking another area reminds me a lot of Metroid.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

Bad gif, but gives a glimpse of Hellbats.

That dude's censor bar is awesome.
In response to Flame Guardian
Yea, the background definitely moves too fast. In parallax the farther away something is the slower it should move. That gif shows it moving faster than the foreground, which gives it an odd look.
In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
Moon Fang Piercer of Heaven (getsuga tenshou), a game based on the manga Bleach.

Karakura Town (open in a new tab to view at full resolution)

(sorry for posting it again used delete key instead of edit... should probably start reading instead of clicking)

I've been busy with life and my youtube project, but I haven't forgot about Bleach

Redoing the base still. Artist is taking his sweet little time, but then again he has a family and a full-time job and I'm in no rush. Go subscribe to my youtube channel!

OG Fitness! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8_5qHj4VcLIT-onLfRWT5A
In response to Oral123
Those are really nice graphics. My only quibble is that the grass is one-note. For as detailed as everything else is, it stands out.
In response to Lummox JR
The problem we were having is making sure nothing seems "tiled" that repeated look is awful and BYOND is full of it, but he's having trouble figuring out what to do with the grass.
In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
The problem we were having is making sure nothing seems "tiled" that repeated look is awful and BYOND is full of it, but he's having trouble figuring out what to do with the grass.

You could always add a bit of noise to the icon and have 4-5 different ones that are picked at random. That's usually enough to add detail but also avoid tessellation.
In response to Bravo1
Yeah, a small amount of noise with multiple tile types would work very well. Of course that'd be problematic for any of the join pieces, but there are ways of dealing with that.
TBH, I despise noisy turfs. I like the mixture of detail as is. Though I think it could do with a few clutters here and there to break up visual monotony. As long as you don't have entire screens full of just blank one-tone grass, it's completely fine.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
TBH, I despise noisy turfs. I like the mixture of detail as is. Though I think it could do with a few clutters here and there to break up visual monotony. As long as you don't have entire screens full of just blank one-tone grass, it's completely fine.

Totally agree with this.
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Totally agree with this.

Look and be disgusted!

Bwahahhaha! you'll never stop my noise!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 349 350 351