ID:2056015

I drew a wall that will (hopefully) get used for a game that I have in mind. However, in lieu of typical pixel-art fashion, I took to airbrushing the texture then overlaying the stone block outline over it. I'm hoping to make much of the environment in the same style. What do you guys think?

Revised version as per Ghost of ET:

It looks like an explosion failed to blow the wall to smithereens.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
It looks like an explosion failed to blow the wall to smithereens.

I'll take that as a criticism of the contrast! I revised it so there's less contrast and makes use of more defined outlines that match the sprite better. The updated version is on the first post. Any better?
If it doesn't get used in a game, maybe Trump will take it.
In response to Azurift
I never said it was a bad thing D:!!! That's like history to the wall.

There was a war and they tried to bring down our walls with explosions but they failed nothing can pierce this wall not bombs or wars!!
Yut Put wrote:
it's a weird style but there's nothing wrong with it. honestly your best bet is to do a lot more work for your game before posting assets for criticism; the people who get caught up posting every other asset they make on the forums usually have a hard time making progress

Speaking of assets, I'm willing to shamelessly advertise some free resources. They make for great placeholders!
Yut Put wrote:
it's a weird style but there's nothing wrong with it. honestly your best bet is to do a lot more work for your game before posting assets for criticism; the people who get caught up posting every other asset they make on the forums usually have a hard time making progress

I definitely agree with you, but the issue I have with it is that the style is so different from other pieces I've made. Airbrushing is practically a cardinal sin in pixel art, so you can understand my skepticism about implementing this. Just feels a little weird, is all.
honestly, one of the most important things in pixel art is consistency. as long as everything has the same style, you'll have that going for you at the very least.
Clearly this is heading towards a Shingeki No Kyojin(Attack of Giants) fan project.

The direction, and texture of the wall says it all.
Take out the black outlines, it's a no no for pixel art in most cases. Try working on a light source, seems like you're mistaking texture for light source here. I think the problem with the light source confuses the dimensions a bit, because im wondering if there's a walkway at the top, but visually it appears as a different style of bricks rather than the top of the wall.

The airbrushing isn't bad, at least, just try to work out some of the fundamentals and you may have a winner, keep at it.
tex·ture
ˈteksCHÉâ„¢r/Submit
noun
the feel, appearance, or consistency of a surface or a substance.
In response to Lige
Beautiful. I'll be using them in my next Narto game which features the 7th hokage!
In response to GreatPirateEra
Narto is the 7th Hokage ya dingus.
In response to Reformist
When the fuck did I imply otherwise?
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
Narto is the 7th Hokage ya dingus.

bs Minato is the only hokage QQ Long live minato QQ
In response to GreatPirateEra
Defensive much? Is only joke, why you hef to be mad?
all in all