ID:2194241

Using centOS, trying to host my SS13 server, keep getting that error.
it may be a little bit different for CentOS than ubuntu like yum instead of apt-get if you need help page me or write here.
I have same problem using FreeBSD 11 amd64 when I try to upgrade libstdc++.so.6 and start DreamMaker or DreamDaemon
This error often occur when you don't have a 32 bits system installed.

Andrewserafini wrote:
Using centOS, trying to host my SS13 server, keep getting that error.

For Centos:

The easiest way to install the 32 bits libs is:

yum install libstdc++.i386

but if it don't work on BYOND Forums someone did it with:

yum install libstdc++.i686

RocketFriend wrote:
I have same problem using FreeBSD 11 amd64 when I try to upgrade libstdc++.so.6 and start DreamMaker or DreamDaemon

For FreeBSD:

I don't really know FreeBSD but maybe you could try:

pkg install libstdc++.i386

but as I said I don't really know FreeBSD so if it doesn't work I'll make more research and I'll try to help you.

pkg install libstdc++.i386

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'libstdc++.i386' have been found in the repositories
Ok as I said I really don't know package name in FreeBSD you can try:

pkg install ia32-libs
No, it doesn't work for FreeBSD.
So, I solve this error. Now i have a new one:

Shared object "libstdc++.so.6" not found, required by "DreamDaemon"

I tried to fix that by:

# cd /usr/ports/misc/compat9x
# make install distclean
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
# make install clean

and now i get error:
/usr/local/lib32/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by /usr/local/lib/libbyond.so not found
Oh I think I found out!

Try this:

fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/10.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz
tar -xvpJf lib32.txz -C /
In response to Louis53
Louis53 wrote:
Oh I think I found out!

Try this:

fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/10.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz
> tar -xvpJf lib32.txz -C /

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

No changes. Need to replace all files?

weird because your problem is that your OS is 64 bits and BYOND is a 32 bits program so I found this site:

http://www.freebsdonline.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1032

It tells you how to install 32 bits libs in FreeBSD but if it doesn't work I don't know.

So as it tells on the site if the fetch command was successfull you can try to unzip the files if tar doesn't work right away idk.
In response to Louis53
Louis53 wrote:
So as it tells on the site if the fetch command was successfull you can try to unzip the files if tar doesn't work right away idk.
Same.
(in 64 bit distro):
/usr/local/lib32/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by /usr/lib32/libbyond.so not found

Ok. Now I reinstall FreeBSD 11 to 32-bit and I have same error
/usr/local/lib/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by /usr/local/lib/libbyond.so not found

oh wait I think im fucking stupid XD it is true that you need 32 bits but after this, this error:

/usr/local/lib/compat/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by /usr/local/lib/libbyond.so not found

normally comes when you install BYOND in local and you don't execute the command it tells you to do:

source /home/user/byond/bin/byondsetup

(somethings like that the command that is written when you make install)

you need to do it everytime your FreeBSD computer or server opens but if you want you should make it automatic:

nano ~/.bashrc

source /home/user/byond/bin/byondsetup

(the directory where you install it)

The commands will probably be a bit different since those are for Linux.
# gmake here
# source /root/byond/bin/byondsetup
export: Command not found.
export: Command not found.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable.

btw I have already installed BYOND for all users
So you already did gmake install?(before gmake here?)
In response to Louis53
Louis53 wrote:
So you already did gmake install?(before gmake here?)
I tried both methods separately (on clean systems), it doesn't work.
Ok it's weird if you installed it successfully as root than maybe it's a permission issue but I can't really help you more with it I'll try to do some research.
FWIW- It's a lot less hassle (at the moment) to instead use the Linux version of BYOND and use the Linuxolator. Steps if you're not familiar, shamelessly stolen from the handbook:

kldload linux
pkg install linux_base-c6

Then, for all of the Linux binaries, you'll have to use `brandelf -t Linux $binary`, to include the executables and the .so's within.

I plan to poke Lummox about this at some point, because it should 'just work' for the most part, but the Linuxolator isn't a bad workaround.

My initial guess is that these were compiled on a FreeBSD 9 system using GCC, while 10+ are now using Clang and there's likely some incompatibilities afoot. Not entirely sure yet, though.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
FWIW- It's a lot less hassle (at the moment) to instead use the Linux version of BYOND and use the Linuxolator. Steps if you're not familiar, shamelessly stolen from the handbook:

kldload linux
pkg install linux_base-c6

Then, for all of the Linux binaries, you'll have to use `brandelf -t Linux $binary`, to include the executables and the .so's within.

I plan to poke Lummox about this at some point, because it should 'just work' for the most part, but the Linuxolator isn't a bad workaround.

My initial guess is that these were compiled on a FreeBSD 9 system using GCC, while 10+ are now using Clang and there's likely some incompatibilities afoot. Not entirely sure yet, though.

Thanks for the infos my knowledge in FreeBSD is highly limited :P
In response to Louis53
Louis53 wrote:
Thanks for the infos my knowledge in FreeBSD is highly limited :P

Yup! My initial note about including the shared objects (.so) for the Linuxolator are wrong -- it really is just the executables that matter, I was just being overly cautious.

I would now strongly advise going that route, though. After thinking about it for a bit (and mentioning it), there's not that much overhead in enabling/adding Linux compatibility to a server -- linux_base is kind of rough, but still only 101M worth of cruft in /compat on my desktop.

I might write an informal port for it if there turns out to be any demand.