In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
We can clearly see the subject say "wait trying 1 last thingy" before immediately sending the problem code over.
We also clearly see Ter asking for the code. He wasted his time on his own... which is something many of us do anyway.

But, I see now that the issue isn't that his time was wasted, but only with CM's response. I guess my breakdown was unnecessary.

Based on what has been said in the BYOND Discord about this, my guess is that CM's fix ended up including the same changes as Ter's fix (done independently... as directed by myself), and that CM judged Ter's fix with his own fix, rather than with the broken version. That may be why he thought that Ter didn't actually do much.

Still, there are some contradictions on CM's part:
1. CM claims that Ter's "fix" was just to include the library's demo.
2. CM claims that Ter's fix doesn't fix the issue: the mobs weren't appearing on the map.

If you compare the source code of the version CM sent, the version Ter sent:
1. The library's demo files are not present in Ter's fix. Rather than being included, they were excluded.
2. Run Ter's fix... The mobs appear on the map for me. You have to click the map to make them appear, according to CM's code; they do in Ter's, and they don't in CM's (a single black box appears because apparently creating an /atom on a turf deletes the turf).

As for why CM came to his conclusions... who knows? Maybe he extracted the files weirdly?
I was just looking through those files and I gotta say.. Why would he offer money for something that Ter tried to help him with?.. Cloud should know better to at least be specific on what he wants done. At least Ter did his best.

Also.. Cloud's codes were pretty confusing to figure compared to Ter's

Ter's fix was good and ran the obs around clearly.
In response to Kaiochao
Asking to see the code is pretty standard, though; I don't see it as an invitation to have one's time wasted, especially since he was already being asked for help. Ter has frequently helped out users on a quick-look basis without asking for any compensation if it was a simple fix, and he was open to it here. I've done the same many a time. He was just POed at how Cloud handled the situation.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
It's a good thing Ter13 isn't a Meseeks or this could've gotten muuuch worse.

I'm laughing very hard right now.
In response to WeabooGamesInc
WeabooGamesInc wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
It's a good thing Ter13 isn't a Meseeks or this could've gotten muuuch worse.

I'm laughing very hard right now.

I also got weak.
Page: 1 2