Some UI stuff, all controlled with the keyboard:

Super great showing from everyone the last couple days! Let's get them finished, released, and in the public eye!
In response to Rayjt9
Rayjt9 wrote:
Recently I've gone back to working on a project I started a couple years ago (the prisoners dilemma game was to get me back into the swing of programming,) so I figured it would be cool to show what I had here by way of video dump and hopefully get some feedback if possible.

It's a single player RPG where you play as a kid who ends up leading an army of colourful characters to save the world.

Full video - it's 18 mins long so there's an abridged version in case you're pushed for time.

party system and snow test
waterfall test

Some of it is kind of iffy in quality but I'm remaking a lot of the assets and (hopefully) finishing the game.

This game is actually really impressive, the attention to detail and polish is godly-- Much respect my friend. Very happy to see it's made on BYOND.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
Rayjt9 wrote:
Recently I've gone back to working on a project I started a couple years ago (the prisoners dilemma game was to get me back into the swing of programming,) so I figured it would be cool to show what I had here by way of video dump and hopefully get some feedback if possible.

It's a single player RPG where you play as a kid who ends up leading an army of colourful characters to save the world.

Full video - it's 18 mins long so there's an abridged version in case you're pushed for time.

party system and snow test
waterfall test

Some of it is kind of iffy in quality but I'm remaking a lot of the assets and (hopefully) finishing the game.

This game is actually really impressive, the attention to detail and polish is godly-- Much respect my friend. Very happy to see it's made on BYOND.

Really though.

Some very inspiring projects being worked on. Keep it up y'all.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Very nicely done UI. ;)
In response to Rayjt9
I had to ask if its BYOND because it looks really good man just like Ter said I think whatever you do just keep it going cause it looks amazing.
I love all of you inglorious retards. <3
Man, everything looks so good and my shit just looks like someone threw some colours together and shat em out on a mound of flesh.

Oh wow. Awesome to wake up and see so much positivity. Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's super encouraging to see!
In response to Rayjt9
Rayjt9 wrote:
Oh wow. Awesome to wake up and see so much positivity. Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's super encouraging to see!

You'll get no encouragement from me. Your production quality makes the rest of us look like we're scribbling crayons on canvas and it upsets me. >(
What is the best way to use an item in a radial inventory? More one small button? Click on the item? Button next to the item? Drag to the circle? Or another creative option?

In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
What is the best way to use an item in a radial inventory? More one small button? Click on the item? Button next to the item? Drag to the circle? Or another creative option?

I'd say a combination of scrolling with the directional keys and being able to click the item directly.
In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:

All of the above.

Clicking the item should at least give you some info, and maybe equip/use it outright; or maybe you'd want a double-click to use it.

Dragging to the circle should use it.

Making the inventory navigable via keyboard and/or gamepad is a must. I would suggest if the analog stick is used, to find the nearest-angled object and select that (but not use it till a button is pressed), and for left/right buttons to move around the circle, with a button like Face1 handling selection and Face2 closing inventory.
In response to Lummox JR
What do you think about keep the mouse over the item for a few seconds to use it?

Is my intention be a Mouse/Analog controlled. The Magnifying glass show info about the item, but I'll probably change to a "i"
In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:

I really liked the way they did the radial inventory in Secret of Mana, might be worth checking that out. They did a good job considering they only had the dpad to work with!

Asides from that dragging to the circle or using the analog stick to select are great options.

In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
What do you think about keep the mouse over the item for a few seconds to use it?

Never, ever do this. The only way this would be (horribly) acceptable is if you had to pause the game to use items.

The question here is, why would you want the player to wait to do an action as simple as that? The Kinect has an excuse, what will be yours?

The Mouse is accurate and instant, don't go against the fundamentals of the Mouse for no Excellent Reason.

A Thing About Your Items Selector, it does not look like it's specific to the use of the items in it. For example, I see a potion there, that is usually a consumable item, an item you know what it does anytime during gameplay, you grab it you use it, no reason to read about it or check it. But, you also have Equip(able?) Items there, why? These sort of items normally have stats and differences between them, takes a few seconds to see what is a better choice, etc...

TLTR; Your Item Radius thing should IMHO only have consumable items that need to be used quickly during battle. It also depends if your game will be paused or not, and what type of battle system you will be using.

Amazing work everybody!
My current Magic/Fantasy MMO project, been in the making since november 2016 hoping it'll be a good one :) progress is getting on quite well

SS1

SS2
Great GUI.
Oh well, it's not the most elaborate stuff, but here we go, a look at my stat menu:http://i.imgur.com/zAcLRT6.png

Some more outside menus:http://i.imgur.com/mWkLSFh.png

Once the pseudo-3D battle menu is done I might post a gif but I still need to learn some blender for prerendering for that and find a way to smoothen out the animate(). On the bright side, the whole TBS is in, all that's left is to polish it out a bit more.

Also, I know my tiles are horrible and I need to possibly add an autotile script sometime soon. After finishing the main menus.
In response to Gold94
how to gui pls

That's one thing I haven't mastered (not saying I've mastered anything else or anything)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 274 275 276 277 278 ... 349 350 351