ID:802969

I've been tryna Pixel some bigger things now and i need help on makings uhh foliage?? is that how you say it . . . and other stuff.
Here's a tree i've been working on its not much right now but i'm going for a funny bright look or somthing more cartoony.

It's now done but i don't know what else to do with it. It needs more color but i suck with that so help out please :D.
:O its amazing your amazing OMG HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS I WANT TO BE A ICONNER OR HAVE A GOOD ICONNER. *cries*
In response to Dr.Penguin
Lol dude its not even done .. . it's ugly AF and i'm not even done with it yet xD But thank you at least you know how to make someone feel good about their art.
It has an odd Pokemonesque feel to it. I personally like it. People always try to do these ultra realistic trees with 143 color shades and ugly dither patterns. I honestly prefer a nice whole shaded icon. Less truly is more when it comes to good pixel art. My only critique is the tree trunk. Just a little more shape to it would make it perfect. It just seems too straight.
In response to Solomn Architect
Now that you mention it the trunk does look funny xD. But yeah i try not to make pixel art such a complicating thing and keep it simple like how most GReaT pixel artist do :)
The light dusting of a dither at the tip and for the shades of the leaves adds that subtle roughness to it. If I didn't know any better, I might have thought you'd have done this once or twice before.
Lols first time doing a tree liek this xD i have made other trees . . 16x16 ones tho
It'd kinda look better without the point at the top :D, but it looks pretty good.
In response to BayJune
but most pine trees thingys have a point at the top . . .
That is true.
I can't give you any advice on how to make it any better, but to me, it looks like it's fur more than the pine of a tree. Perhaps it needs to be less round?

EDIT
Photobucket

I redefined your light source and re shaded it based on that used alittle differing at the top not the best edit but it should help a bit.

side note
Remember on trees like a pine the leafs branch out and make shadows on the lower levels of the tree.
lols okay . .
No need to dither in this case, this isn't the 90's. Smoother shading, as well as more foliage (leaves) on the flat green leaf-like sections.

The way the light hits the tree should cover more area, it's not like the sun is relaxing right next to the tree (if that was the case, it be a pile of ashes).

Color choice; take a picture of the tree you're using, and color pick off of that. Personally, I feel you're trying to reference Zane so use more purple, since he's more simplistic with his art style.
I think dithering is more of an art style rather than an actual transitional technique. Sure a full transition shade looks smoother, but while you're working with something with an uneven surface, such as a tree, dithering can actually bring out a lot of depth when utilized properly.
In response to Solomn Architect
Solomn Architect wrote:
I think dithering is more of an art style rather than an actual transitional technique. Sure a full transition shade looks smoother, but while you're working with something with an uneven surface, such as a tree, dithering can actually bring out a lot of depth when utilized properly.

It's out-dated, and not needed in a lot of scenario's. I do understand what you're saying, but in this case, it's not utilized properly.
In response to UPD4T3
I agree. In the example above, dithering wasn't quite used to add the effect that I suggested.