ID:2313039

well like the topic saids is isometric bad or good for byond?
Someone put in the effort to implement native isometric rendering into the engine. Why would it be a problem?
The movement... I figure Is might be a problem for coders. make tem have to work harder for projectiles.
Programming movement is trivial.

One thing I've always wanted to try out was creating an isometric game where turning with A and D cause the camera to turn.
In response to Go-jin769
The movement doesn't work any differently from a programming perspective. It's still a grid with x, y, and z coordinates. There are still 8 directions (north, east, southwest, etc.). The only difference is which direction on the screen north points (by default, it points to the upper-right), but all that is handled for you by the engine. All you really need is the pixel art drawn in a proper isometric style.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
One thing I've always wanted to try out was creating an isometric game where turning with A and D cause the camera to turn.

Won't that need a 3d environent?
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The movement doesn't work any differently from a programming perspective. It's still a grid with x, y, and z coordinates. There are still 8 directions (north, east, southwest, etc.). The only difference is which direction on the screen north points (by default, it points to the upper-right), but all that is handled for you by the engine. All you really need is the pixel art drawn in a proper isometric style.

Ok will 30 degrees then..make a Dragon Ball Map
to past the time. Isometric cause im tired of seeing the same art on everyones game.
I don't want to be a downer, but I do not recommend making use of BYOND for any serious isometric project due to the fact that it doesn't seem to be properly supported.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2251912

Crazah's had a bug report open since May and it is aparently making his project unplayable(?).

I am unsure if the reasoning is limited man power or just the nature of that particular bug report.
Crazah's problem is very specifically limited to icons larger than 32x32. If you stick with default 32x32 icon sizes, performance should not be an issue.
ok so how do i change the dream maker into an isometic map.
You don't. You find an engine that can properly support it, or wait in hopes that it's bugs get resolved.
So if i make a map larger then 400 x 400 it wont perform right. even if we stay at 32x32 icon size
https://i.imgur.com/d1KwdFI.png
Thanks for nothing i guess ill come back if i run into this problem yall talking about