The Entity

Making just a small objective based game that's influenced by Dead by Daylight. Basically, someone chooses to be the killer and the rest of the survivors have to attempt to find a way out of the map before they are killed. As of right now, you just have to repair generators but later I want to add 2 other possible scenarios on escaping the clutches of Jason. Making this in my free time while running an local art business, so I don't have much time but I've always loved BYOND since I joined almost 13 years ago. it's nice to see that BYOND is doing well and loving the projects I've seen so far. I have a more clear mind on what I wish to accomplish and as nervous as it is to share (possibly broken) the game as it is now, gotta start somewhere, right?

Players can hide behind various things within the forest to escape the clutches of Jason, but beware, if you get stabbed you will leave a blood trail and as of now there is no way of healing yourself.. So watch yourself. (might keep it this way or make a way to heal 75% back)

I made some fun twists such as having perks being found along the map that can only be used for the session instead of being tied to the player to make sure everything is balanced for new and old players- it's truly about having fun. The killer is basically a little OP, he can see and move fast, however, possibly I'll add ways to "stun" or distract him.

The game as it is is probably broken as I haven't hosted a server just yet. (Will this weekend after polishing.) Just trying to make something for everybody to chill and have some laughs and scares.

Uses shadow library and Jason icon from Friday the 13th SNES game, but will be replacing with an original sprite very soon. Game was made overnight with a vision that lasted til' 4AM lol. (Just finishing some basic animations.)

I'll eventually add a basic AI for survivors and a killer so people can play by themselves (Will be upto 6 other survivors and possibly an alternative killer to choose from, as well.)

Thanks BYOND for helping people with no deep knowledge to create a dream and for those willing to go the extra mile to bring that dream to a beautiful reality.

In response to Bravo1
This looks amazing!

Spooky, Scary, Skeletons.
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:

Looks super good, keep up the good work!

Of course I'm gonna stick laser beams in there too.
Filters! Get yer red hot wave filters here!
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

Yes please! I've been meaning to use the wave filter to make the flamethrower a bit more dynamic.

Edit: If used frequently enough, the WaterEffect() proc crashes DS.

I guess that's probably my fault for calling it 20x per second.

¯\_(0_O)_/¯
Posting this on behalf of Kozuma3's creations.
(Yes he has people doing things for him now xD)

Many plans for the future, I am told.
Browser based, skills are intended to be created, plenty to do while chatting with others.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Yes please! I've been meaning to use the wave filter to make the flamethrower a bit more dynamic.

Edit: If used frequently enough, the WaterEffect() proc crashes DS.

I guess that's probably my fault for calling it 20x per second.

¯\_(0_O)_/¯

I'll have to test that out, although the point of the proc is that you don't call it each tick; you call it once and it sets up the animation.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

I'll have to test that out, although the point of the proc is that you don't call it each tick; you call it once and it sets up the animation.

Well I'm creating 20 mobs per second and giving each of them a single call of WaveEffect().

I shouldn't be doing that but I'm too lazy to get an efficient use of appearances set up right now.
You might simply be way-overloading the memory if this crash isn't happening right away. You could always shoot me a demo project.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You might simply be way-overloading the memory if this crash isn't happening right away. You could always shoot me a demo project.

I'll try getting something together. Looks like it happens after using the proc around 300 times.

Edit: To avoid double posting I'll add this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baS9n73O3yQ

Youtube wrecked the quality. I'll try to fix that.

Edit 2:

Working on some test enemies. Again, not my art, but I'll likely use it as a basis for an enemy that I had in mind that's very similar
Playing around with color matrices and made a little program to test out how changes in the matrix affect the color. Would like to make it a full tutorial at some point, but for now it's just kind of fun to play with.
http://www.byond.com/developer/Flick/FTutColorMatrixTutorial
Added some animated color stuff.
Animating RGB:

Animating saturation:

Animated Black and White levels:

EDIT: I'll just add this one here so as not to triple post...
This one is a combination of color cycling and rotating an object in the mobs vis_contents with objects blend_mode set to BLEND_MULTIPLY and the mobs appearance_flags set to KEEP_TOGETHER.

EDIT2: Kind of dark and saturated, but sort of an underwater look.
In response to Crazah
Crazah wrote:

This is awesome!
This game is turning into a rave.

Beam Rifle. Pierces enemies but not walls. Slower and less damage than the machinegun, but great for dealing with groups of enemies.

Also there is noticeable slowdown in this gif, solely because I have about 30+ enemies crammed all together and they're all trying to act at the same time. I'll be working on making them far more efficient very soon.
That is freaking sexy, Bravo1.
https://puu.sh/AIf12/c1480df6d8.gif a little glimpse of what we have going on.

I like what you're doing bravo
Page: 1 2 3 ... 324 325 326 327 328 ... 349 350 351