ID:2370586

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Descriptive Problem Summary:
after downloading the new beta i was unable to log on any byond related games via browser nor client.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Best response
Moved to BYOND Help. Bug reports require a lot more information.

Can you describe your problem in more detail?
eh,once i've installed the new beta in order to log on this game that requires the latest version of byond the pop-up screen that usually comes out after i press the 'join' key that's attached to a hosted server for any given game wouldn't show up no matter how long i've waited.
i've also noticed some odd behavior right after i clicked the 'join' button in order to join a given game,and that is,some of my keyboard functionalities started behaving in an odd manner,for example i can't scroll up and down using the arrow keys on my chrome browser, matter of fact any keyboard key seems to be non functional right after i pressed the join button but oddly enough my mouse seems to be behaving normally,no abnormalities spotted in regard to that.
But apparently the keyboard resumes back to it's respective functionalities right after i exit the byond pager.
So far this is all the additional info that i've managed to muster up from my experience,hopefully it's enough reference to fix my problem.
and,eh,yea once i undo the update and go back to an ulterior version then i won't have any problems joining byond games :/
So I've actually been having the same problem as Wassim has been, and this is actually the first thread, or anything remotely related to the problem I've found so far, so let me go into detail. What happens is, past the beta update 512.1426 iirc, whenever you try to actually join a game, rather regardless of choosing one off of the server list, or direct connecting to them, it locks out functionality on the keyboard. For context, I use Windows 8, and the easiest way I found to "unlock" my keyboard is through opening a search bar with my mouse. I have multiple different versions of the client stored on my computer, and whenever I downgrade to an earlier build, everything seems to function properly, aside from a few bugs that are presumably caused from using an earlier client. I've tried reinstalling the latest version on multiple occasions, checking if there's any anti-malware programs that are inhibiting byond from doing anything, and so far I haven't found anything as to what might actually be causing this.
In response to Doxdd
This is definitely the result of some security software on your system. Nothing whatsoever has changed regarding keyboard input in recent versions, or even going quite a way back now.