ID:2393851

A user by the name of Nlulgger has been trying to dox, swat, and generally harass me. I noticed there's no "report" option on byond, but is it possible anyone could do something about this?
Find him and take him out first.

Your other options would be to create a new key and try and avoid situations where you run into and get the same reaction from said person.
This is not a BYOND concern. This is a local-authorities concern. Call your local non-emergency hotline or visit a police station.
Pfft. Well, thanks for answering, guys, even if Byond can't really do anything.
In response to GreenTea98
GreenTea98 wrote:
Pfft. Well, thanks for answering, guys, even if Byond can't really do anything.

Because BYOND can't. They are doing illegal activities which is only enforceable by law enforcement. BYOND has no jurisdiction to do anything unless requested by law enforcement or government courts.
This stuff is simple logic. If you reported someone what exactly would happen? YOU have the ability to block people. Do that. If it's within a game, don't come to BYOND, go to the game maker instead. That's their choice to moderate their game or not. In the case of SS13, go to the host.
It's a damn shame BYOND won't police peoples' behavior. It's like there's no legal system if individual website owners don't actively prosecute those who harass people.

I mean, it's not like there's some system you could go to, some kind of force or something...

Hell, something like this wouldn't be very hard for BYOND to do. It's not like detecting, investigating, hearing, trying, enforcing, and interpreting the particulars of every individual situation requires a complex multi-body, multi-branch system made up of thousands of people who spend their entire lives studying to attain a mastery of matters of civil conduct.

We should petition Lummox to hire a guy to be judge, jury and executioner. Just put it in the code of conduct and the TOS that you agree to be hanged by the neck if you step out of line. It's not like those have any kind of limitations to what they contain or anything.

What could go wrong? If this were a democracy, which this is decidedly not, I'd vote for Nadrew. He seems like a good fit.
SOMETHING tells me you guys are telling me to go to the police
Well, I've yet to hear from them, and nothing really came of it, so, it's probably just some weenie being a weenie.
Thanks for responding, and uh, for teaching me the Byond client notifies me to replies on this stuff, hue.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Just put it in the code of conduct and the TOS that you agree to be hanged by the neck if you step out of line.

gulp
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
Just put it in the code of conduct and the TOS that you agree to be hanged by the neck if you step out of line.

gulp

(Real talk, we'd all be dead if that were a thing.)