In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
There were legal issues with fan games so they are no longer available on the public index.

Ah, C&D. I guess it was only a matter of time before the companies with the license to the IPs took action. Thanks for the info, man.

Hey, you wouldn't mind elaborating/summarizing what's been added to BYOND of note over the years since '05? From what I've seen there's a customizable interface and what not and that's pretty dope. It also seems like they fixed the movement system, too. I did not like how jittery it was back in the day.
In response to Kyuukei
You can find all public builds since 2007 Here, some namely additions are the webclient, byondexe, the animate proc, planes, and a lot more. The engine has gotten more efficient in lots of areas and SS13 still dominates the majority of the players. Lummox JR owns and runs BYOND Software now, which is the new name, and recently there has been a patreon created that you can find Here :)
Ugh... 10 years? I jumped aboard back in 08. Fuck this makes me feel old, now. I really have grown up with BYOND. :(
11 years of being....

Byond's Gang$ta
Holy hell... March 2008... I already hit 10 years, and almost halfway to 11... Time flies. I feel old now, and this really makes me want to complete a lot of my work to have more to show and contribute for my years here.

I have made some great friends through BYOND though.
Hmm... I haven't checked around in a while. Nothing catches the eye as far as games go.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Hmm... I haven't checked around in a while. Nothing catches the eye as far as games go.

Finish up Castle Quest. It looked good, and the concept seemed fun. There are plenty of libraries out there if you're unable to find a programmer.
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:
Branks wrote:

Finish up Castle Quest. It looked good, and the concept seemed fun. There are plenty of libraries out there if you're unable to find a programmer.

I've tried various times in the past to learn to program in a decent enough way to create a functioning game.
In response to Branks
Damn. CQ looks good, though. I don't know of any active programmers that might be available. You could try your luck with Ganite if he's not still working on his rpg, or try Classified Ads to see if anyone is interested. I currently have my hands tied between work and a side project as the sole programmer, unfortunately.
I've been around for about the same time. First account was made in 2003, and no longer have access to it.
I miss your 2d dbz game. It was fun asf
I want to point out that was, in fact, not my game. I mainly just helped with putting icons together for Inferno L Flames.
At least 13 years over here.

I lurked around for quite a bit without an account, though, so it might be 14 or 15.

I remember when Castle had a whole community, and SS13 did not. Man, having 12 people on the server back then was mind-blowing. Modern 100-population-servers were unthinkable.
In response to Gooseheaded
Castle had an amazing community full of insane strategies.
I joined sometime in '07. 11 years.
About 8 years, in my original account I must say.
Shenalmighty wrote:
Since I was 13. I remember the Zeta and then when Zeta 2 came out and it was so huge and I loved me some DBEO and mystic journey. I feel sad now seeing its not nearly as popular as it was when I was a kid.

Been lurking here since 2002 >:)
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:
Damn. CQ looks good, though. I don't know of any active programmers that might be available. You could try your luck with Ganite if he's not still working on his rpg, or try Classified Ads to see if anyone is interested. I currently have my hands tied between work and a side project as the sole programmer, unfortunately.

My buzz for wanting to make anything was killed a long time ago. I just pop in to see what's new a few times a year.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
My buzz for wanting to make anything was killed a long time ago. I just pop in to see what's new a few times a year.

That's unfortunate. I remember playing your wrestling RP game a decade or so ago.
In response to Kyuukei
Kyuukei wrote:
Ryuujin wrote:
Haha, yeah I played some of your DB RP games that had MMO elements, such as NPCs to fight. One of the last ones I played even had a few quests. I couldn't get into Grand Journey because I liked playing an original character rather than reliving parts of DB/Z/GT story as one of the canon characters. One of your games was called Trunks Palace, and my character did the fusion dance with a canon character and pwned someone if I remember correctly.

Back in the early 2000s, I was in college. Now I work...nothing glamorous about my work, though. I'm not even doing what I studied for in college right now. I still play some DB RP games here, too.

Man, I wish I could remember that. So what happened to all the fan games on BYOND? I noticed there's a complete lack of them. Did Tom finally get tired of all the Zeta and Majins & Mystics rips?

I'm coming back just to make a new Zeta game.
Page: 1 2 3 4