ID:2407344

Hey there members. I'm doing some research for a project I'm doing on game design and was wondering if some of the game designers in here could be kind enough to answer a few of my questions?

What keeps you awake at night in relation to your gaming designs?

What are you afraid of in relations to your gaming designs?

What are you angry about or angry with?

What are your top 3 frustrations?

What trends do you find occuring in your business of life?

What do you secretly desire the most? (In your design business?)

Is there a built in bias to the way you make decisions?

Who else is selling something similar to you and how? Who else has tried selling you something similar and how has the effort failed?

Thanks guys.
do ur own homework
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
do ur own homework

dead
it is my design philosophy to not contribute to someone else's data. philosophy can only come from within.

that being said, it is long past your homework's due date, so i feel comfortable answering this question somewhat.

What keeps you awake at night in relation to your gaming designs?

Changing a game's philosophy mid-development versus committing to the vision I had at the start of development.

What are you afraid of in relations to your gaming designs?

Mostly that players understand how to play the game correctly, given that I don't hold the player's hand and instead let freedom speak for itself.

Also, i'm afraid of the community developing a philosophy that is opposite to the game's ultimate design because then I have to think about what the best path for updates is.

What are you angry about or angry with?

The focus on money. The player should always come first. Capitalism is cancer.

What are your top 3 frustrations?

That I design a game for a community that never manifests. That I make a bad decision, and sticking to a vision for a long dev period is also a source of frustration.

What trends do you find occuring in your business of life?

In general, a lot of non-indie games are ignoring the player and pursuing ways to get more money and nothing more. This is an opportunity for indie devs to grab the audience big businesses are neglecting and bring the focus back to the people.

What do you secretly desire the most? (In your design business?)

The philosophy that "growth means everything" in a business does not belong in game design. Or rather, should not. If games want to be art, people need to stop trying to turn it into a business-centric design.

Is there a built in bias to the way you make decisions?

Yes. I bias updates to my vision for the game rather than the vision of the playerbase. Sometimes creates conflicts but eventually players "get it".

Who else is selling something similar to you and how? Who else has tried selling you something similar and how has the effort failed?

I don't care about other games when I make my own. My visions come from within.

My apologies for the late reply, but I hope this means it will truly further your understanding of the topic rather than give you more points on an assignment
Poor guy, I hope he passed his class.