ID:2429614

It turns out after a tooth extraction you have to stay away from carbonated beverages for a while. This is a problem for me.

Somehow I have managed to function enough to keep pushing forward on 513 features. I ran into a snag with measuretext(), basically that there were parts of the backend that still needed the Unicode flag for compilation turned on for the Windows build, and once I fixed that I ran into a few other snags, but eventually all was well and I got everything sorted out.

Currently I'm working on a routine I'm provisionally calling SoundQuery(), and unlike measuretext() I think I will make this a client proc instead of top-level. My goal is for this to return a list of associative lists, where each of the individual lists will contain the channel, which sound it's playing, whether it's on repeat, the amount of time elapsed already, total time for the current sound, and total time of any sounds waiting to use that channel. People have been asking for something like this for ages, so now's the time. If you have any requests for the return format or additional information you might like, go for it.

A couple of 512 bugs are on the plate too, which I haven't quite gotten to yet. For the aforementioned reasons, plus being sluggish just from residual pain, I've been running slow this week.

I'm very grateful to all our Members, donors, and Patrons who've helped support BYOND this month. Big thanks to all of you.
Can u visit my game Lummox JR?
http://www.byond.com/games/Klogaum/qrn
Im using Filter
Lummox JR wrote:
It turns out after a tooth extraction you have to stay away from carbonated beverages for a while. This is a problem for me.

In response to Klogaum
Visiting a game is a tall order right now but if you have any questions about filters I'm happy to answer them.
Awhile ago you told me that the standalone exists and (generally) how it works. At that time I asked you to make that information publicly available at your leisure--for the good of the community. I even said I'd (and did) get a membership to encourage you to spend half an hour and type the post up at some point. It's been months since I've gotten this membership.

On behalf of all your users, please acknowledge the standalone and make information on how it works/how to obtain it public knowledge.

The big issue to me is not that you are (or aren't) distributing it, it's that your keeping information on it sparse for apparently no god damn reason.
Compile 2 Exe #513
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Compile 2 Exe #513

It already exists m8, why lummox has kept it a secret is byond me. get it? it's a pun.

Srs tho, the standalone has existed for awhile. If the pager system let me view old conversations, I would've just posted a screenshot of the messages in another thread and called it a day
Truthfully the main thing is I haven't gotten around to posting more info, and keep forgetting to organize it better. That's really it. Development tasks and bug fixes tend to take up more brain space.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Truthfully the main thing is I haven't gotten around to posting more info, and keep forgetting to organize it better. That's really it. Development tasks and bug fixes tend to take up more brain space.

The inability to gain new players is actually killing the platform (due to the archaic website and lack of easily available EXE compile) but apparently fixing that issue isn't worth the brain space compared to obviously more important tasks such as adding Emojis.

It isn't really about emojis; it's about Unicode, so players beyond the Anglosphere have better support.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
It isn't really about emojis; it's about Unicode, so players beyond the Anglosphere have better support.

Still seems like a poor use of time. We need Compile-to-EXE so we can sidestep the fact that BYOND is currently an archaic and broken platform, so we can bring in users from outside.

Either that or fix the platform + website itself, which is an even bigger undertaking...

this should really be your #1 priority right now.
That's a pretty ungrateful way to make a request.

At any rate, good job Lummox. I believe you're taking the right steps towards making the service great.