ID:2451475

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
We are already has `IsByondMember()` function to know, does user has byond membership. But the easiest way to know user registration date, is to get his profile page with `?format=text` param and parse `joined` field.

It would be nice if there was a variable in `client` with registration date. The date itself could be a string, or int as `world.realtime` var. The second option seems more preferable, since it could be easily converted to formatted string with `time2text` proc.
Reason: for SS13 this will be useful for admins to detect newbies and bad persons with fake account without checking this user profile manually (or grabbing profile page and parsing by code).
In response to VolAs
VolAs wrote:
... (or grabbing profile page and parsing by code).

What is wrong with that, exactly?
In response to JimmyWimmy
JimmyWimmy wrote:
VolAs wrote:
... (or grabbing profile page and parsing by code).

What is wrong with that, exactly?

This is overhead and strange imho.

For example we already have a "gender" client var. And in case if we want use this in game - it's much easier to check this field, that parse user profile on site (with all additional costs and possible problems).
As much as this makes sense as everything is tied to the pager/profile anyway.

The workaround requires a call that doesn't return immediately and requires you to set things up, when a simple variable such as (example; regdate) could exist on the client as well.
The old Razzle Dazzle.
Currently, some aspects of the player's byond account are represented in the client var list when they join a server. For example client.ckey and even client.gender. This request is simply to add the "joined" field to this var list (e.g. client.joined).

To be specific, I'm referring to the joined field as represented here: http://www.byond.com/members/wirewraith?format=text

Use case:
It can be useful to check the byond account age when assessing the overall reputation of an account. For example if an account is brand new, a game admin can pay closer attention to their actions to monitor for bad behaviour.

Many SS13 servers automatically query byond.com for this data on client login, and send an alert to admins for new accounts. For example here is the implementation of that flow on the Goonstation branch: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/blob/master/code/ client.dm#L880

It would be more efficient to avoid having to do an extra query for every client.
In response to Wirewraith
Ah fair, I didn't search for the right keywords I suppose. For mods: please feel free to close this thread, however do take into consideration that I provide more details in this thread, and also the other one is like 2 years old.
Reattached.

Side note, big +1. This would be pretty useful for multiple reasons.