ID:2489515

This week was a bit of a good news, bad news situation. The good news was that I was really recovering well right up through most of Tuesday. The bad news is, Tuesday night things took a terrible turn and I'm basically nearly back to where I started. The main difference is, I think my foot sprain is doing well but now I have a high ankle sprain, probably from a previous injury that got aggravated while dealing with this other sprain.

In spite of this, I managed to get a new maintenance release for 512 out this week. A very stupid and annoying bug crept in, due to a situation I didn't see in testing, which is why there were actually two releases. But everything else appears to be working well, so that's good.

The filter reference change I was working on last week ended up being a bigger deal than I thought and made for some even weirder problems. Over the weekend I got in a little more work on that and thought all was well, only for further testing Monday to reveal a problem. (Also there was a problem with one of my proc code speedups, which I had to investigate and fix.) So overall Monday and Tuesday were pretty productive in terms of getting ready for that new release, making me feel a little better about where the second half of the week landed.

I still have some testing to do for 513 and there's something else I want to add last-minute, but I think I can have that out relatively soon, as long as this new injury recovers well enough. I'm still also debating whether to add another filter to 513, which won't take long if I do.

Again I really have to thank all of you who've helped support BYOND via Membership, Patreon, etc. I couldn't do any of this without you, and I'm very grateful.

Just because I can't grill right now doesn't mean you can't, so get out there and fire up a nice juicy steak, and take a bite for me. Meanwhile I'll be subsisting on junk a little while longer.
heh, this is a strange question but, what happens to BYOND if you die? A lot if people depend on this addiction you know...
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
heh, this is a strange question but, what happens to BYOND if you die?

Reading that gave me PTSD

In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
heh, this is a strange question but, what happens to BYOND if you die?

What a lot of people don't know, is that Lummox hasn't been investing any of the ad revenue into BYOND's development. He actually pooled all of that money with Kim Jong Un to bolster the North Korean nuclear program under the agreement that should Lummox die, global thermonuclear war be started immediately.

So don't worry, BYOND will live exactly as long as the rest of us... Give or take a week of agony from acute radiation poisoning.
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
heh, this is a strange question but, what happens to BYOND if you die? A lot if people depend on this addiction you know...

I'd like to think he has something arranged with tom...
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
to bolster the North Korean nuclear program under the agreement that should Lummox die, global thermonuclear war be started immediately.

We're doomed. They've been shooting rockets at us and failing for so long that we actually believe when they go, "um oh yeah that was a WARNING SHOT."
Lummox has been preparing for years in case anything goes down. That's why he has been supporting SS13, which is secretly preparation for all possible situations, and how to deal with them, in life after Earth. "My ankle has a sprain" is code for "Gotta go work on my global thermonuclear war survival plan." This is why I support BYOND, so that if Lummox's greatest secret, the Spaceship BYOND, blasts off, I may be lucky enough to receive a ticket to board.