ID:2555882

This week has been kind of different, as most of what I've been working on has been behind-the-scenes stuff. I've spent time fleshing out an idea I had over the weekend to improve the color picker tool, which isn't really a big part of BYOND but I just wanted something better. There's a method to that madness, though, which is that the code involved was kind of desperately in need for a face lift and cleaning that up is gonna help me clean up more code I don't need, from more places. There's a lot to be said for streamlining.

Besides, the bug-related stuff is so complicated that it needed a bit of a diversion, and I'm still puzzling some of it out. The semi-topological sorting in side-view maps has been revealed to have some problems stemming from the fact that it never goes into a fully topological sort, something I intended to get to eventually but never did—so that's back on the table.

Also there was an issue with parallel animations, and I think fundamentally I'm doing some things wrong in the calculations that are going to need a major overhaul. So I'm going back to the drawing board on those, so I can lick this problem once and for all.

I have to really thank everyone who's been supporting BYOND through Membership and other channels like Patreon, especially this month. The numbers are down a bit, but I know a lot of people are in a bad way right now. Thanks to all of you who've helped keep the lights on.

Keep rationing that toilet paper, friends, and remember the next time in your life you see a panic buyer: scream at them until they abandon their cart. Keep safe and game on.
Lummox JR wrote:
scream at them until they abandon their cart.

Now that's true war tactic.
Imagine having no money because of some vírus.
In response to Hmkw
Hmkw wrote:
Imagine having no money because of some vírus.

Call centers are getting outrageous.
In response to Kozuma3
People are still buying tho.
Looking forward to the side-view fix. Keep up the good work.
Jonathan Blow -> Discussion: Making Programming Language Parsers, etc (Q&A is in separate video). https://youtu.be/MnctEW1oL-E