- Deactivate firewall
- Reinstall
- Clear Cache
- Restart
- KB313 windows security update isn't installed

I'm on Windows 10 and I wanna be a space boy :(
What version of BYOND are you running?

What is your system locale?

How exactly is BYOND not responding? What are you seeing and what does it look like? There isn't enough information here for me to go on.
513.1532 For windows

System Locale is Canada/English(US)

When I attempt to join a SS13 server it will finish loading and open the game window but it will immediately stop responding
Pls i wanna be space cowboy
You still haven't provided enough information. What do you mean by "stop responding"? What error message do you get? Heck, do you have a screenshot that can show what's wrong?

Is the application hanging? If so there should be a way to break in with the Windows debugger and get a minidump. Did it crash? If so there should be crash data in the Windows event viewer.
I have that too, can't join any server. Pager offline (connection died, guests banned, etc)
Rainbow Scratch wrote:
Tried everything

- Run as admin
- IE Activx
- Deactivate firewall
- Reinstall
- Clear Cache
- Restart
- KB313 windows security update isn't installed

I'm on Windows 10 and I wanna be a space boy :(

I was doing this too, but no help.
In response to Opthafuth
Joining only as a guest, if your BYOND pager is online and logged in, means Dream Seeker and the pager can't communicate. This indicates your firewall is blocking access to the private network, possibly also the public one.
Im having this issue as well. The game will run find for a while and then all of the sudden it will go into "dreamseeker.exe has stopped responding". Ive done so much googling trying to figure out the issue but havent come up with anything. Ive even asked other players in the game if they had any ideas. Most of them just tell me "thats just the server get used to it" but i never see anyone just standing in place or running into walls. Also when it stops responding everyone is still interacting with me and playing the game while its frozen on my end. I really dont have any clues as to why this happens.

EDIT: I also want to note that it is not a server thing because i have hosted my own server and am still getting this issue even on my private server.
In response to Hakluzak
When you say everyone is still interacting with you, what do you mean exactly?

When the system says an application has stopped responding, that usually means it's hanging, so I don't see how anyone could be interacting with you in that case. If you mean your character is still on the server and people can interact with your "body", for lack of a better word, but you don't see any of it, that would make sense in the event of a hang.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
When you say everyone is still interacting with you, what do you mean exactly?

When the system says an application has stopped responding, that usually means it's hanging, so I don't see how anyone could be interacting with you in that case. If you mean your character is still on the server and people can interact with your "body", for lack of a better word, but you don't see any of it, that would make sense in the event of a hang.

Yes that is generally what i mean. The thing is though, windows gives me no indications as to why dreamseeker might be "hanging"
I can't help without more detailed information. Take me through the whole process step by step. Video can help too.

I also strongly recommend checking your security programs to see if any of them could be interfering.