ID:2651976

Resolved
BYOND Version:513
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 87.0.4280.141
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Not sure if relevant, but I'm running an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB.

Anyway, the outline filter is misbehaving. The top of text at least with sharp/square flags set isn't being outlined properly. I've seen reports of this in the past, but wasn't able to dig up an actual thread on it, so I've uploaded a test case here in hopes of getting eyes on it.

What I'm seeing:

I've tested with multiple fonts. It doesn't appear to matter what size the font is at, or what font it is. All of them have certain pixels directly above the top of a character just inexplicably missing from the outline in both modes of triggering this filter (CSS/DM filters).

Anyway, here's my demo project showing the problem in action completely isolated from any other functional code so you can rule out my own recurring idiocy from being the operative issue at play.

http://files.byondhome.com/Ter13/outlinebug_src.zip

Cheers and stuff.
Yep, this appears to be something related to Nvidia. It's not appearing on my system. I'll take a look at the outline shader anyway to see if there's anything I can change.
Able to reproduce on my 1060 as well.
bump
In response to RootAbyss
RootAbyss wrote:
bump

Bumping this bug is pointless because I can't reproduce it. Nvidia is doing something wrong in their shader processing that's causing the bug.
this is fixed as of 514.1567
Lummox JR resolved issue
In response to RootAbyss
Weird. I can't imagine what would've fixed it. I don't think I even messed with the outline filter at all.
In response to RootAbyss
RootAbyss wrote:
this is fixed as of 514.1567

What GPU are you running?

EDIT: Yep, this seems fixed.