ID:2704893

(See the best response by Spevacus.)
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to host a server for myself for Lands of Legend. Granted, I have no idea the steps that need to be taken in order to do so, please bare with me.

I click host, and it opens up Dream Daemon. I press the go icon, and it lets me know my port can be reached by players. Now anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes later, DreamDaemon will crash and I will lose connection.

Any help?
Best response
I answered this in another thread, but it appears the post author self-deleted it.

Lands of Legend's currently-available host files have an issue somewhere in the code that causes the game to randomly crash anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes into being hosted/played. This is unfortunately NOT fixable by anyone but those who have access to the source code, so I'm sorry to say that the game is simply not going to be hostable by you (or anyone else, for that matter.)

On the upside, this isn't your fault!
Damm :(. Is there any way for me to play the game solo without it crashing? The same thing happens to me in the single player setting. It doesn't matter to me if its alone, just want to experience this game again.
In response to Juffury
Unless someone happens to have hostfiles that don't have this crash, or the source code so we could fix it ourselves, I'm afraid you can't. :(
That's such a shame. I guess I'll just look into the games page on byond every once and a while and hope for some update on the situation, but seeing as I last checked in march and had the same problem I'm having now, I'm assuming this situation wont be solved.

Thanks anyways for the reply, it'll save me a lot of time messing around with a broken game, haha.