In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
You know it's sad when 'Not Feasible' becomes a meme... Lol.

In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Just to weigh in here and end speculation about whether or not I'd have an interest in this, I think the concept of an easy .exe that still does the ads is actually a pretty good idea.

It'd also be stupid easy for you to do, just need to make a statically linked version of dreamseeker that reads a dmb/rsc from its embedded resource section of the exe, and a tool to inject a dmb and/or rsc into the exe.

Don't even bother with trying to embed the pager at first, that can be done later if it turns out to be worth the time.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Just to weigh in here and end speculation about whether or not I'd have an interest in this, I think the concept of an easy .exe that still does the ads is actually a pretty good idea.

...With the addition of being able to pay to remove ads, you'd have a nice handful of additional funds coming your way.

I'm js'n though...
+1

People clearly want this feature still so I think it should be considered- sooner than later preferably.

It could even retain the splash screen.
I hope this comes in 513 of course we want this feature still
I mean every other game development platform out there can do it. Why is it not a native feature?
I will bump 500 times and I will bump 500 more
Did someone ask for a bump?
Ima slap the ol Bump on here. I've been talking to some other developers especially regarding the new Steam features and with the run-around involved in making sure that all of the files are synced properly, this is a headache for everyone involved.

Having a build-to-exe, or at the very least having a more streamlined way of building their EXE files would be extremely useful now and even moreso in the functionality for Steam and other API's develops further and there ends up being more work involved in syncronizing files and packaging game builds.
Agree with F0lak and the others here. This has been a constant problem. Having something - anything streamlined, would be amazing.

As a side note, the Distribution tab inside the Published Game dashboard for games you make, points to an older version of byondexe, where the api file is from 2013.
Better now than later, it's just going to get harder for developers to compete with anything outside of BYOND as time goes on.
I really like this idea as well. If the lack of ad revenue is a factor I'm sure most developers would probably pay more outright than the ads themselves bring in for their games.
Another bump for good measure. So many of us have stuck with this engine and community for the better parts of our lives now. It's not realistic for any of us to make a commercially viable game without this feature.

We need it, byond needs it.
Bump #515
Bump #516
Hello Darkness my old friend
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:

I've come to bump you once again
Lummox, can you offer any insight on this, or is it a lost cause?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

5 years later...
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
NSBR wrote:

I've come to bump you once again

Because a vision softly creeping
Page: 1 2 3 4 5