ID:881901

Keywords: color, dm, preferences
After fiddling with the colors for about 3 hours, I finally settled down with this scheme, originally inspired by Kumorii's scheme (which will be shown below); and I thought I'd share it with you, and hopefully see what you have to offer yourselves!

My new color scheme!

Kumorii's color scheme; The original inspiration for my own.

What about you, guys?
What does your DM look like?
I noticed that my motivation has increased ever since I've used new programming fonts and changed the colours to my liking. I saw Lugia's post which for some reason I was banned from posting for(not sure why, don't care anyway.) which made me think about making something regarding this topic. If this topic doesn't fit here, move it, BYOND moderators. I couldn't find a place for it.

I took my times and researched some fonts that you might like to use for your DM. To change how your DM displays text, do the following:

- Open the DreamMaker compiler. Open an environment. Doesn't matter which. Head to the Options tab, then click Code Preference. Everything should be simple from there on. You'll be able to change bg color, etc.

some programming 'monospace' Fonts:

- ANDALE MONO [Did not find any download links sadly. Post one if found, cheers.]

- MONOFUR Download Monofur

- PROGGY Download Proggy fonts

-INCONSOLATA[No download link found. Post if found.]

- DINA Download Dina

- PRO FONT Download PROFONT

-DRIOD SANS MONO Download DSM!

If you have anything to add to this list, add a picture to your comment, name it and try to give a download link! Thank you!
Here my DM :D
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In response to Zohan98
Got to love them darker colors. Apparently you changed all of your Windows theme to get that?
In response to Avainer1
If we're on the subject of making it pretty, then here's my color setup:
In response to Avainer1
I copied Albro's one. It's sexy.
In response to Avainer1
On looking at it again I need to change the numbers. That shade of red is a bit painful to look at.
In response to Avainer1
I like default Visual Studio 2012 color scheme and font.

- Consolas (no download needed, available by default)
In response to TheLionsRoar
TheLionsRoar wrote:
Got to love them darker colors. Apparently you changed all of your Windows theme to get that?

Yep

In response to Avainer1
Photobucket

I just opened up a random lib to show this off. I couldn't even tell you what lib it is without checking. Haven't even used or really looked at this lib anyway, guess this is my chance.
In response to Avainer1
RC5 encryption by AirMapster/MikeH -- a good one.
In response to Avainer1
Font is Rosewood Std Regular 14.

In response to EmpirezTeam
LOL- well then.
In response to Avainer1
Be jealous

In response to Gekidou
Really you have code indent >> things on? (forgot the name :( )

I find it messy personal preference though.

This is my DM :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In response to Avainer1
I would show off mine, but it is too simple. I just tried out the windows theme edit trick, and that worked pretty well for DM, but I hated it on everything else.

Not easy to get Vista to do it a good way. The dark theme would probably work, though; just mixing two very different colors gets undesired effects in some areas of windows. I blame Vista, which I will soon be leaving behind.

This has left me looking forward to when DM colors are further customizable; since that won't influence windows.
In response to Gekidou
Gekidou wrote:
Be jealous

Fail. No one codes with Show Tabs enabled. GTFO
And that would be the name :) lol
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Gekidou wrote:
Be jealous

Fail. No one codes with Show Tabs enabled. GTFO

Good thing I'm not a programmer then.