In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
If you hate it so much why are you following it? lol.

For the same reason watching a train wreck can be entertaining.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
If you hate it so much why are you following it? lol.

For the same reason watching a train wreck can be entertaining.

lmao.
Don't mind Ant, he's seen a lot of anime and as we know if you watch a lot of somthing it can dull or even change your way of thinking.
The show is well made and it grabs your attention more in awe and beaty of the art and ideas based on the dream MMORPG game a lot of us would love to play, that being said Ant looks for anime that make more of a connection and less fantasy usually from what I have noticed.

Also a train wreck can never be entertaining in my opinion :)

Well I think Sao has done a fine job at entertaining and with any anime we can only hope for the best, it could easilly go down the wrong path but we won't know till later. As always i'll be hopefully optimistic :)
They have an OVA of Kirito and Asuna having sex.
I had hopes the anime would distance itself from the LN about that :P but it is only an ova which the majority won't see, I guess its supposed to.show the romance and love which has occured.

Oh well its still been fun to watch, I might look for this ova... Just kidding..
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
The show is well made and it grabs your attention more in awe and beaty of the art and ideas based on the dream MMORPG game a lot of us would love to play, that being said Ant looks for anime that make more of a connection and less fantasy usually from what I have noticed.

Yes and no. I've seen a lot so it's easy for me to pick out the great shows from all the mediocre stuff aired every season. SAO has decent art, if it didn't I wouldn't bother watching it at all. Almost everything besides the art is plagued with issues. This latest episode for example had a whole bunch of them, a simple one being Asuna moving around while paralyzed with a GM command. At least we got an amazing AMV out of it.

SAO isn't very good, but it's flashy and simple enough for anime newcomers to jump right into.
Well I can't watch the vid till later lol
But yes there is quite a few flaws and yeah seeing as this is set in reality just with a game world there should be no way of going against the GM commands unless hacking etc since there is no magic but everything they are doing is via their mind so there might be something to it.

Now... I'm on ep 27 of space brothers... Currently up to date, this is a good example of a non flashy anime which is brilliant.
She broke the command with the power of love. Simple as that and yes it might be cliche but its still good. And all animes have flaws no matter flashy or non flashy. And people have opinions so don't just throw your opinions out and make it seem like there right...
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
She broke the command with the power of love. Simple as that and yes it might be cliche but its still good.

This is why anime and TV in general is mostly garbage.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
She broke the command with the power of love. Simple as that and yes it might be cliche but its still good.

This is why anime and TV in general is mostly garbage.

I can agree that TV is garbage but lumping anime in with it is like saying Movies AND games are garbage, which is obviously untrue. Only one of those things are. :P

Just because you may not like it or some you've seen doesn't mean they are all bad - it is just your opinion anyway.

Note: I was just talking about anime as a whole, I don't really even know what the subject of this thread is. :P
No, it's pretty pedestrian from what I've seen so far, I'd have to go with Antx here. More Twilight than The Hobbit, I think.
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Now... I'm on ep 27 of space brothers... Currently up to date, this is a good example of a non flashy anime which is brilliant.

Where do you watch it at?

Cause the site I watch it at is only at episode 14.

In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Teka123 wrote:

Where do you watch it at?

Cause the site I watch it at is only at episode 14.
He is talking about Space Brothers not SAo
In response to UmbrousSoul
UmbrousSoul wrote:
I can agree that TV is garbage but lumping anime in with it is like saying Movies AND games are garbage, which is obviously untrue.

Not really, the distinction is even less clear because anime is broadcast on TV. Every season has around 20 new shows, but only three or four of them are ever any good, maybe one of those will actually be great. Anime has gotten into a rut of cliches and cookie cutter character types, originality is too risky while showing cute girls sells merchandise.

This problem isn't unique to anime, it effects regular TV as well as movies and literature. It's even effecting video games; how many 2D indie platformers are there or maybe AAA shooters?

Sturgeon's law is definitely in effect, only with anime you're getting high school kids, invincible protagonists, and bipolar girls who act like spoiled brats.
Again, I'm not sure how you can avoid an invincible protagonist. If protagonist dies, the anime has to end or there is some easy way to come back to life which makes death irrelevant like in the Dragon Ball series.

I agree with the high school kid thing though. I wanna see some cool old guy be the hero for a change. Like, Master Roshi, Yamamoto, and Sarutobi combine their seed and whatever the offspring turns out to be, make an anime centered around him once he reaches about 200 years old.
In response to EmpirezTeam
But that doesn't mean the protagonist should be thrown into imposible situations and somehow remain safe throughout it all.

There are several animes I can think of that follow older characters, most of which look younger, but what anime characters don't look younger then what their age is supposed to be? Trigun and Trinity Blood are the main two that come to thought right away.
One reason i hate anime Dragonball z it was fine GT stunk they shouldve ended in cell saga.

Avatar - Ugh i love the original characters

Pokemon - First Generation

Bakugan - Dont care

Other Anime - dont care
In response to The Evil Marik
Ok :) but i don't really think any of what you mentioned are what you would call a proper Anime though :)?

I'm fairly certain they have all been Americanised to be more like cartoons. Well i'm not familiar with Bakugan so i cant say much for that :P

But it's a shame, Anime is no different from TV and Movies, It's such a broad spectrum with every genre and any possibility from fantasy to fiction, It's ever expanding and always changing :)
Will you continue Angel Falls?
In response to Vegetas4
I don't know but i do want to, It's just that i lack the skills as both a project developer and programmer to do everything i desire.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9