ID:1056207

<--(4:25 am) Newton378: hi babe
<--(4:25 am) Newton378: your favorite hacker is back
<--(4:28 am) Newton378: I have a deal for you; take my codeban off and make me immune to all bans, or I will have the official shell ruined. Along with the rest of what's left of the hub's servers. You don't want to negotiate we can start tomorrow.
-->(4:29 am) Newton378: then start. you know i dont negotiate.
<--(4:29 am) Newton378: I'm done talking to that block-headed prick that you call a co-worker.
<--(4:30 am) Newton378: I don't want to Tens, I really don't. I figured I'd wait until I got to have a chat with you.
<--(4:31 am) Newton378: I came back to BYOND figuring that I might be able to turn things around and all I get for my good behavior is a bunch of bans from a european cockstripe named EXGenesis, on a key that I purposefully allowed to be known as myself.
<--(4:32 am) Newton378: Anonymous Inc. You've probably heard of it from cockstripe.
-->(4:32 am) Newton378: what do you expect youve attacked DU servers like 55 times

He literally destroys every shell server we purchase. He basically fries the hard drives somehow. Over a dozen times in the last 6 months. He also does it to other games I didn't bother remembering the names of.

Isn't there anything BYOND can do to him?
Take it to the police.
BYOND can't do anything, I don't see why you are coming here when te servers are provided by someone else.

Go to your server grab the logs forward them to the server host and get them to block the IP at a higher level.

Then to the police for illegal activities I'm not sure what ones you have active in your country.
Police don't care. But ok this just confirms my suspicion that he is immune to any consequences no matter what he does. That's fine. He uses a paid service to attack us, his IP is not in the server logs.

I just posted this here on the off chance BYOND would do anything, since the police and the server cant/won't, and neither can I.

He is about to attack the server for another week straight again, I guess I'll just ignore it til it's over like I always do.
Sounds like a D Bag. Just saying.
You would also have to provide more information on the matter, what exactly happens on these 'attacks'? Is it just a DDoS? Cause I seriously doubt anyone calling themselves a 'hacker' would attack anything you do. Now if they used the proper term, cracking, then maybe. Even then I highly doubt anyone would care nearly enough to go that far for a BYOND server.
Pretty much what Lige said. BYOND Moderators are not crack internet stormtroopers with special ban-from-the-internet powers.

BYOND can't do anything about you getting attacked, in the same way that we can't do anything about someone setting your PC on fire whilst you're playing a BYOND game; it's totally outside the range of any powers we can reasonably be expected to have.

The police. It is a crime. Try to sound coherent and to-the-point when reporting it.
Define fried the hard drive... Do you mean wiped the data from it? Or something different?

The logs are in /var/log (using Ubuntu)

Auth.log shows anyone trying to or successfully logging it via SSH, if you find the IP it will more than likely of done an auto look up so it'll show nameofprovider.IP , with that report him to the provider and hopefully they will have his real information and therefore you can report that to the police of course you'll need evidence but that'll come from the logs..

Also install fail2ban while it's only one thing you should do to protect SSH also change the SSH port.. If you have a static IP only allow access via that.
Key based authentication, would also help (give your key a password for good measure). You should be able to tie a key to only be valid from a given remote host (you), so that extra layer also works like ATHK's suggestion of restriction on the SSH server generally, if you have a static IP.

I suspect between ATHK's great suggestions and the key authentication, you'd have restricted the SSH side of it pretty well.
Ah yes a generated key only installed to each ssh client used great idea these are very well encrypted.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
You would also have to provide more information on the matter, what exactly happens on these 'attacks'? Is it just a DDoS? Cause I seriously doubt anyone calling themselves a 'hacker' would attack anything you do. Now if they used the proper term, cracking, then maybe. Even then I highly doubt anyone would care nearly enough to go that far for a BYOND server.

Lol. Newton.. That guy... yeah. You don't know him. He is hacking. He is DDoSing. Not DoSing. DDoSing. And he is frying hard drives. Because of him I lost a ton of packages that costs a lot of money. Packages are basically in game benefits you pay for. Because of him, I lost internet for 4 days and I couldn't watch.. You know what. Lol. I was just simply hosting a server for a game that Lizard_Sphere_X owns. And Newton decided to DDoS me. Newton has broken into Lizard_Sphere_X's servers a few times. So what he says is true. Newton is one of the few who will attack a BYOND server in multiple ways. Don't doubt his words.

Edit: Hi, ATHK. :) You never answer me on MSN anymore v_v -Kingmasherr
Basically, what Newton does is buy "stresser" services from hackforum.net for the purpose of DDoS. Since the services are so cheap (lifetime subs for most 2gb/s stresser are about $20-30).

Newton never had access to the shell servers (contrary to popular belief) and is not above attacking any server, home hosted or not.

I've already told Tom about these attacks (he even went as far as to make an imitation key of me in an attempt to frame me for multiple attacks) and he said he'd look into it. (Although I've heard nothing since.)

Long story short. People with shell servers and DoS protection arent really affected. People who want to host on home connections, pretty ****ed to be honest
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Define fried the hard drive... Do you mean wiped the data from it? Or something different?

The logs are in /var/log (using Ubuntu)

Auth.log shows anyone trying to or successfully logging it via SSH, if you find the IP it will more than likely of done an auto look up so it'll show nameofprovider.IP , with that report him to the provider and hopefully they will have his real information and therefore you can report that to the police of course you'll need evidence but that'll come from the logs..

Also install fail2ban while it's only one thing you should do to protect SSH also change the SSH port.. If you have a static IP only allow access via that.

I've contacted his ISP multiple times (Roadrunner) but even after speaking to them on the phone, they tell me to send logs and such to an email address which is always invalid. (Done this three times now.)
LOL. Roadrunner? Lewis. Give up with them. I have.. Roadrunner. Guess what they did when I told them Newton was DDoSing me? The agent said, "Uhh.. Sir. I highly doubt you are being DDoSed. Even if you were there is nothing we can do about it since you are using a router." I replied, "Well, sir. I'm 'telling' you. I am being DDoSed. I have proof of it and I'd be so kindly if you could either do something about this or give me a way to block his access from my connection." This was in January. The context may be a little off but that about sums it up. Customer service everywhere nowadays is nothing but poop. They're not going to do anything about it, Lewis.

I still don't see what a router has to do with you not being able to manage my network.. -_-.. It's connected to the modem and if you can manage connections on the friggin' modem.. then you can manage connections on the router until I unplug to router and put it on a different connection.. 4 days of no .. watching.. stuff. :|
In response to EXGenesis
EXGenesis wrote:
I've contacted his ISP multiple times (Roadrunner) but even after speaking to them on the phone, they tell me to send logs and such to an email address which is always invalid. (Done this three times now.)

Then escalate your complaint.
Newton is not hacking into anything he's getting help from some website the F.B.I or either S.W.A.T need to deal with him not the police. The police only put people in jail and the F.B.I/S.W.A.T try they're best to hack in the system that got hacked by somebody. Anonymous Inc. I believe that they are are the strongest hacking group alive but, good hacking and bad hacking are both illegal so.... I don't know you should probably rely on the police, I don't think they'll do anything though. I've never really gotten hacked so I don't really give a [care] about the situation. But, it's scary.
In response to Ju Scared
By "good hacking" you don't mean penetration testing, right? Because those are perfectly legal if given written consent to allow it. It's basically you're hired to hack a company and try to find vulnerabilities in the server, tell them about it, and tell them how they can fix it... That's "good hacking" and legal.

Anyways, he isn't a "hacker" if he buys these services from HackFourms. That site has a lot (LOT) of script kiddies that don't know how to hide their tracks. I'd assume what the others have told you about logs would help, and if you have the IP you could definitely do something with it.