It's to get people into Pixel art, you can participate if you like can improve improve. This isn't for pros and such even if you enter i can't guarantee that we'll let you win even if yours is good. Everyone can participate but only a selected few can get a Coach.. cause we can't provide dozens of them for each contestant. Coaches are meant to improve the Contestant's style or skill.
I'm entering then.

Some Practice base work.

an old tree i did months ago.

I editted this base, the bandages and the skin discoloration.

Edit : I've only done about 6 pieces of pixel work like EVAR, so be gentle :o
Im entering. Coach: Megablaze or Boxcar

xD LOL James a change in heart :P
@VixiV Sure I guess.
I don't consider myself anywhere near pro. I want to join because I have plenty of room for improvement. I'm not doing it for the prizes either. I don't have a need for a membership. I haven't done any pixel art in a while, so I thought this would be good practice.
Can I enter as a contestant?

Here's some of my recent unfinished work:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/boomcz.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/33267082.png/

I want to improve and therefore would like to have someone to be my mentor.
I think you guys are mistaking what i said. Everyone can improve PERIOD. But this contest is to and I QUOTE to Create New Pixel Artist For Byond and not to get Pixel Artists who are already good enough for byond any better. Please take time to look things over before posting stuff.
The problem is that nobody read the original post.
x.x Really?!?! That's just sad it was so hard for me to write with my middle school education and no one Read it D:. But yeah that's the point people don't seem to be understanding we want to get real newbies that need help and people just want to join to get better :\ which wasn't the point.
Bahh Anyways 4 More days still looking for Reasonable Volunteer Judges that will judge reasonably and such. Still looking for more coaches too x.x damn.
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
I think you guys are mistaking what i said. Everyone can improve PERIOD. But this contest is to and I QUOTE to Create New Pixel Artist For Byond and not to get Pixel Artists who are already good enough for byond any better. Please take time to look things over before posting stuff.

o_O really ? but im not known in the byond community and this is actually my first time showing my work on byond so in a sense this contest did create a new pixel artist for byond... right ?

if i cant join i'll be a judge... would be someones coach but according to my friends im the worst person in the world when it comes to explaining stuff...
But still your skills at pixel art is very high..The point of the contest is to take someone like me and make them into BYONDs Next Top.
Ok so i guess i could enter anyway, i though i had to post some work to somehow get accepted and coached. Well looking forward to the contest now since im a total newb at this. xD
Falcon lazorz wrote:
I'm a judge.

And I'm the case. (Sorry, just had to)

Anyways, I want to enter as a contestant because I'd like the practice. Anyone is fine with me as being my coach.
Hello, im new in this of "creating games" and that kind of stuff, so i wanna learn Pixel art first, if is posible can i participate too? Thanks for your time :)
Okay Sorry this is a bit late but i had to do something last night x.x. Here are the teams.

VixiV- Sers000,CarnageProductions
Boxcar- Burael
Megablaze- Dariuc
Raizkira- Astrlix

Sorry for those who i didn't choose,but i wasn't given a good reason to..

Now Coaches and Contestants must be responsible of contacting each other!

Rules are as follow

*You will have to make a Mock Up and Original One.
*The size has to be 256x256
*And other Rules i have yet to think of..

You have ONE week or at least 6 days to do so. Good luck and Post your results here.(even if its early that'd be great)
In response to VixiV
add me

[email protected]

AH thanks for picking me but I'm going to have to drop out. I want to participate in the EOW Game contest, which unfortunately started at the same time.
Well, since Dariuc dropped out and VixiV doesn't seem to be online, I'll just pick someone at random: Neo Berserker.
Good luck everyone!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7