New Era

by Davidle123
New Era
Welcome to New Era, where adventure awaits!
In response to 0von
0von wrote:
DopeboyMagic101 wrote:
I've come to a decision. I'm not returning to the game until it goes back to the way it was before it was ruined by Ovon and Sven by asking Mysterio to put the game before the newer things were added (even though some of the new things are in)

I've come to a decision. I really was going to quit the game since it was so lame and there was nothing to do but grind and no temptation to kill other players, before it was fixed by Mysterio. But now, thanks to Ovon and Sven asking Mysterio to revert the game to a much better version, I will continue playing. I'm sure there are many others that felt the same way.

You two ruined the game, going backwards isn't "fixing" the game at all. Reverting back to the old version brought back old bugs most likely. Also rearranging what I said makes you look like an asshole. And no only you and Sven felt that the game needed to be reverted back. The rest of us were fine the way it was until you two wanted it "fixed".

In response to DopeboyMagic101
Let's talk about this. I'm going to make a list of reasons as to why the game is better now than before. If we just keep turning around and spouting at each other that "I'm right and you're wrong so fuck you," this argument will go nowhere.
1.) The game is competitive again. People now have a real incentive to kill each other because money isn't so easy to get, you have to earn it. No longer will every single person have so much money that we all barter.
2.) We can now defend outposts we own because we don't have to run all over the map to find mobs to kill. We had to run around because lag always made things respawn stupidly slowly.
3.) We can have epic battles and actually make names for ourselves due to the competitiveness. We can have real enemies that really hate us, once we piss them off. Before, if someone killed you it was very easy to shrug it off, since getting berries was so stupidly easy. Enemies make these games fun; it's absolutely essential since there is no RP in PvP.
4.)Crews are a real thing now, and you won't have to always be seperated from each other. If you're a newbie, you'll want to join a strong crew. They can give you money from their mountain of wealth to help you catch up, and you won't be spam killed if you stay near them and accept their hospitality. It's a great way to make friends. Crews can establish reputations, so people won't be as willing to kill newbies if they're in a crew that is strong enough to fuck them up.
5.)Ships are valuable again since they have outposts inside them. I believe this is brand new and this is an amazing idea that really will be a game-changer. Now you can train on logs in your ship, be close to crew members whenever you log in since they'll always be close to the ship, and store items in the ship's bank chest(Yes, I KNOW that only two of those features is new, wtf ever).
6.) Now that crews are a real thing and it's dangerous for marines to allow pirates to have territory for too long, since territory makes people stronger, marines will have an incentive to gang up against powerful pirates. There will be war, and it will be epic! Multiple fleets ganging up on one crew, or gradually taking territory away from them and holding it...the full potential of the Buster Call will finally be realized.
7.) I do count this as a seventh reason because it's only possible due to all of the other reasons. It FEELS like a One Piece game now. I feel like a pirate that belongs to a crew, and that reputation matters, as do my actions. I won't spam kill any people that belong to powerful crews no matter how weak the individual is and even as I type this I have enemies in crews that belong to friends, and won't attack those enemies for that reason. Yes, politics! Strategy! Espionage! These things are in the game now. This applies to pirates and marines. If I see people killing crewless newbies, I'll go and recruit those newbies, as will other captains. Marines should take up that mantle more than anyone else and should enjoy killing the pirates that like killing civilians, that's what marines are for. Even bounty hunting is a real thing now!

You're move, Dopeboy. Rant pointlessly and repeat the same stupid crap over and over again or be reasonable and come up with real reasons that people can *actually* consider, your choice.
In response to 0von
0von wrote:
Let's talk about this. I'm going to make a list of reasons as to why the game is better now than before. If we just keep turning around and spouting at each other that "I'm right and you're wrong so fuck you," this argument will go nowhere.
1.) The game is competitive again. People now have a real incentive to kill each other because money isn't so easy to get, you have to earn it. No longer will every single person have so much money that we all barter.
2.) We can now defend outposts we own because we don't have to run all over the map to find mobs to kill. We had to run around because lag always made things respawn stupidly slowly.
3.) We can have epic battles and actually make names for ourselves due to the competitiveness. We can have real enemies that really hate us, once we piss them off. Before, if someone killed you it was very easy to shrug it off, since getting berries was so stupidly easy. Enemies make these games fun; it's absolutely essential since there is no RP in PvP.
4.)Crews are a real thing now, and you won't have to always be seperated from each other. If you're a newbie, you'll want to join a strong crew. They can give you money from their mountain of wealth to help you catch up, and you won't be spam killed if you stay near them and accept their hospitality. It's a great way to make friends. Crews can establish reputations, so people won't be as willing to kill newbies if they're in a crew that is strong enough to fuck them up.
5.)Ships are valuable again since they have outposts inside them. I believe this is brand new and this is an amazing idea that really will be a game-changer. Now you can train on logs in your ship, be close to crew members whenever you log in since they'll always be close to the ship, and store items in the ship's bank chest(Yes, I KNOW that only two of those features is new, wtf ever).
6.) Now that crews are a real thing and it's dangerous for marines to allow pirates to have territory for too long, since territory makes people stronger, marines will have an incentive to gang up against powerful pirates. There will be war, and it will be epic! Multiple fleets ganging up on one crew, or gradually taking territory away from them and holding it...the full potential of the Buster Call will finally be realized.
7.) I do count this as a seventh reason because it's only possible due to all of the other reasons. It FEELS like a One Piece game now. I feel like a pirate that belongs to a crew, and that reputation matters, as do my actions. I won't spam kill any people that belong to powerful crews no matter how weak the individual is and even as I type this I have enemies in crews that belong to friends, and won't attack those enemies for that reason. Yes, politics! Strategy! Espionage! These things are in the game now. This applies to pirates and marines. If I see people killing crewless newbies, I'll go and recruit those newbies, as will other captains. Marines should take up that mantle more than anyone else and should enjoy killing the pirates that like killing civilians, that's what marines are for. Even bounty hunting is a real thing now!

You're move, Dopeboy. Rant pointlessly and repeat the same stupid crap over and over again or be reasonable and come up with real reasons that people can *actually* consider, your choice.

You can do all of this in the newer version you god damned idiot.
Knew you'd choose to repeat the same crap over and over again <.<
We've already discussed this. You can't do *any* of these things in the new version. I had 200 million berries that was all from killing mobs, and that was after buying soul cutter for 100 mill. I had a glimmmer glimmer fruit, and was offered 1 bill for it. I refused. I wanted an item for it, because berries were *worthless*!! If I can get 25k berries per kill and with logia powers even, why the fuck would I waste time on an outpost? Even if I upgraded it and it gave me 1 bill each time, it would be worthless, because berries were worthless. Even if Mysterio made NPCs stop dropping berries, then we'd be grinding far away from outposts and couldn't defend them, and we'd get those damned item drops to sell. Also, he did not revert to an older version. Specializations and everything else are still in the game. All he did was remove NPCs, probably using "/*" and "*/" symbols to conveniently remove the code temporarily in case he decides to use it again. Yeah, he removed one feature, not exactly an uncommon move! Then he *added* a few more. Outposts and logs in ships! The game has taken one step back and moved two steps forward. Maybe now I can finally convince my Dragon Universe friends to play this, after they refused so many times before, saying it was lame. In fact I already convinced one to play, who is far better for the community than you and people like you.
I don't mind the version, i would just like the game to be on more often :D
And if possible, less lag ^^
In response to KizumyZ
There's much less lag now that people aren't spamming AoEs to kill mobs. It didn't lag at all yesterday after the update.
As for the server not being up for 16 hours of the day...well Sven has school. Of course, he could just turn the server on when he wakes up, before he goes to school, but he doesn't for some reason.
Ovon face the fucking facts. You ruined the game. It's not as fun now. Mysterio could've kept the npcs and still nerfed the HP and Energy and also make it where only certain Npcs gave berries and dropped items. Also if you didn't want to train on Npcs you could train your stats on the logs. That simple.
DopeboyMagic101 wrote:
Ovon face the fucking facts. You ruined the game. It's not as fun now. Mysterio could've kept the npcs and still nerfed the HP and Energy and also make it where only certain Npcs gave berries and dropped items. Also if you didn't want to train on Npcs you could train your stats on the logs. That simple.

You'd learn something if you'd use your brain before opening your mouth, then we'd all be happier, you included. The next time you reply, do not say "it's less fun now." Instead, tell me HOW it's less fun. And stop saying things that aren't true. You couldn't train on logs before, you could only test your damage on them. Also, you completely ignored what I said about not being able to defend outposts if you're running around grinding.

Now, do not avoid this question unless you're willing to admit that you are ignorant as shit. What. Makes. Killing. NPCs. Fun? You keep avoiding this. How was it fun before?
<---That's the question I want you to answer. Did it give you a rush watching your berries go up, higher and higher, and your stats go up too? If it did, that's just sad...but ask yourself why it did that. What's the point of having money and power if there's nothing to do with those things? I was one of the strongest online, and I didn't feel it. My power meant nothing because there was no reason to kill people, and no one wanted to kill me either...even if they did kill me, why would I care? I had 100 lives, could buy more lives for dirt cheap at an NPC, could get my money back instantly from NPCs or put it in the lol-wtf-ever-lasting-and-impenetrable-BANK. It was so stupid. That version is for dough-eyed children that just want to dodge and aim and don't want any experience deeper or more challenging than that.

I, and the rest of the adults, want to feel like we're in the world of One Piece. We want to feel like pirates and marines and have our OWN adventures, not run around killing for no reason, with no suspense, without feeling anything when we died. Fuck that childish bullshit. And no, killing NPCs doesn't make me feel like I've accomplished something.

Also, there are still NPCs in the game. Now, when people get strong or get logia powers or mythic zoan powers, they can go kill those and the game will be almost as stupid as before. Those NPCs need to be removed or the berries and low-level items they drop need to be removed.
Also, I don't care about the energy and HP nerf. I wanted NPCs gone, because they ruined the gameplay and most importantly they ruined the economy and the value of outposts. The only things I wanted was NPCs gone, specializations gone(OR more skills for each DF that has less than 3 skills, OR for specializations to get only some special benefits for their weapon of choice, but not complete exclusivity like they have now), and for improvements for ships.

I'd like to add something for Mysterio to read, also. Zoans and certain paramecia-types(like Quake Quake and Chop Chop) should be able to use weapon skills, they had them in the anime and it's no fun if they don't get them. I don't know the code as well as Myst(I don't know about it at all, of course) so I of fucking course want this to be read only as a reference of sorts but I think that the following suggestion would be a great idea:

-----Make it so that specializations can level up their related weapon skill all the way to 1000 instead of just 500, then allow devil fruit users to still master them up to 500 only and allow them to use the lvl 1-500 skills that are currently reserved for Specializations. Specialized people can get either extra skills starting at lvl 501 or get improved skills(like how King Haki gets upgraded to Mastered King Haki, etc.), like how Zoro's AoE got ginormous(as big as Spread, but nowhere near as long-lasting) when he got stronger, as seen during the Enies Lobby arch, and Hawkeye Mihawk's energy blast move looks like an upgraded version of zoro's basic long-range attack that every freelancer swordsman gets in-game very early on. Also, starting at lvl 501 swordsmanship, you could allow people to use three-sword-style or something.
I'm just going to say this one last time. You're wrong. Everything you just said proves that NPC's should be back in.

And to answer your GOD DAMN FUCKING QUESTION: What made killing NPC's fun was that you weren't just sitting there, you had to move around to kill the ones you wanted to kill and it tested your skills against them. And once it was easy to kill one NPC you move on to the next highest. Example: Once it's too easy to kill say cows, you move on to the next strongest which was what skeletons or the Aquaris thingies? and no. Only YOU and SVEN want this version, the rest of us prefered the other one for the last FUCKING time. And you wanting to remove the other NPC's thats still in the game just makes you look like a fool. Who the fuck cares about Outposts now anyways? You still gain berries either way. Killing npcs = gaining berries, outposts = gaining berries, killing other players = gaining berries (if they have any and want to be an ass and loot them or gain their bounty money) So whats the point in removing NPCs or anything that gives berries?

Why would you want specializations gone? You wanting to remove these things just makes the game worse and it doesn't improve the game at all. I don't care if you're an old player or w/e. You just don't appreciate the new things that were added and won't try something new. Don't start saying that I won't try something new, because I've tried what was in now (the outpost and training on logs) in Gojan's game and this game before Mysterio added in NPC's. I got bored of it. And eventually you'll get bored of it and will ask Mysterio to "add" or "change" things again. He'll most likely say "No, you wanted this and I'm not changing it again. Deal with it". There's my two cents.
O.o ya'll really arguing over nuthin
Well you're wrong about several things. I'm a new player, started a week ago. I logged in and I asked in OOC: "So, what's there to do in this game?" Wow, they got me pumped up. They told me that I could capture territory and collect taxes from it automatically, and fight other pirates in epic pirate vs pirate wars for that territory. They also told me that there was permanent death, which immediately grabbed my attention. Then I found out later that that was BS and those features weren't actually in the game. So yeah, I did want to try new things after dealing with a week of nothing but grinding.

Now, let's compare and contrast, since you're cooperating like a big kid now.

1.)- You say there's nothing to do now but train on logs, but that's completely false.

-I say there was nothing to do when NPCS were around because it's true. We train on logs while we sail in our ships or collect money from outposts, until enemies come to take our ships & outposts, or kill a crew member. Then we have to defend the post, or avenge our comrades to let everyone know that we won't just take that shit. Enemies would be made, because death is serious now. Now we have a purpose. My crew has enemies. We'll be at each others' necks constantly, and that'll encourage us to get stronger because strength is actually important now. Now, back to the NPCs. I stopped training at lvl 715. I thought, what now? I'm on par with the other strongest people, so I have no desire to train now..I want to go to war and have adventure and develop my skills and make a name for myself. But it wasn't possible. There was no end-game. No one trains much after lvl 715, and if the only motivation YOU have in this game is to train forever and ever, you shouldn't play this game. You should want more. You deserve more. You should get to feel like a legendary swordsman, pirate, marine, or bounty hunter. You deserve to get to feel like when you die, it matters, you've actually lost something. When you come to kill me, because you hate me so much, you deserve to have the satisfaction of knowing that you've really ruined my day by looting me. Money and weapon quality is so important now that if you take my money and weapons and I don't have a CREW to help me get them back, you've basically cut off my arm, that's serious. Then I'd have another purpose, and so the game goes on. There's an enormous amount of things to do now. Before, there was nothing.

So, no, we don't just "sit there and train on logs" now.
We actually do THINGS, THINGS that matter! We DID just "run around and kill NPCs for NO reason" before. You were lvl 200 or something so you don't know what it's like to see the end-game. If I'd given you my glimmer glimmer fruit and you'd grinded to lvl 715, you'd have been begging Mysterio for the same thing whether you realize it or not.

Now, to adress your ridiculous claim that it required skill to fight NPCs. I'll humor you and pretend that's true for one second. You fight chickens until you can 1-hit bats, because if you can't 1-hit them it takes so long that chickens are still faster. Then you move on to hell hounds, and repeat. It doesn't require skill, and if they're strong enough to require skill, you're not gaining enough for it to be worth it. The enemies run at you and spam basic attacks, so don't tell me that garbage requires skill. You were going to get bored of this and quit this game within a week, just like everyone gets bored of Runescape and quits because it's fucking stupid.

Now, how about you hang with me and my crew for a while and I show you how to have fun? How about you give this a chance. You tried this version before but all you CHOSE to do was train on logs, whether than doing something. That was your choice. But I can show you that this version has more to offer. I'll help you get strong and have fun, no strings attached. You will owe me nothing even as I hand you money and weapons and DFs, within reason. Then, when you've seen what the game has to offer, you can leave the crew and we can be enemies if that is what you want, and only then can you judge the game without being ignorant.
*Sighs* I'm done arguing. I'll give the game ONE more chance. If I'm not satisfied I'll go play something else. But before I do let me respond to this: " If I'd given you my glimmer glimmer fruit and you'd grinded to lvl 715, you'd have been begging Mysterio for the same thing whether you realize it or not." I didn't want Glimmer Glimmer in the first place. I wanted Gomu Gomu No Mi. And I normally don't train to lvl 715 or up because there's usually a wipe by the time I got to lvl 200 or so.
No offence but guys this is just a game
In response to 30401
30401 wrote:
No offence but guys this is just a game

No. "Game" implies that you play it to have fun, not to work for no reward whatsoever. It was not a game, it was a grind-fest. Now it IS a game. Now it's fun.
DopeboyMagic101 wrote:
*Sighs* I'm done arguing. I'll give the game ONE more chance. If I'm not satisfied I'll go play something else. But before I do let me respond to this: " If I'd given you my glimmer glimmer fruit and you'd grinded to lvl 715, you'd have been begging Mysterio for the same thing whether you realize it or not." I didn't want Glimmer Glimmer in the first place. I wanted Gomu Gomu No Mi. And I normally don't train to lvl 715 or up because there's usually a wipe by the time I got to lvl 200 or so.

My point is that with a logia fruit, you trained so stupidly fast with NPCs that you can get to lvl 715 within a day. I got to that level within 8 hours of gameplay after aquireing the fruit at lvl 80 or so.
Then why not nerf Logias?
DopeboyMagic101 wrote:
Then why not nerf Logias?

Because that wasn't the only problem with mobs, for one, not even close...but still. The nerf you're asking for, it seems, is for AoE skills to be nerfed. Those skills(I'm specifically referring to "Spread") are definitely not OP during PvP, and that's what matters. Also, mythic zoans, fishmen, giants, and maybe even normal zoans all trained just as quickly due to the spawn lag once they got ahold of a good weapon, like Soul Cutter. Logias, however, don't need good weapons at all so it's as if they have the Mihawk Sword 24/7 and get to use it to train. That's why Logias have it easier early on. Again, however, everyone trained just as fast once they get ahold of a good weapon.

Now, I'm not saying there was a problem with logias. I was using that example to tell you that if you'd gotten to the same level as me, which you would have if you were a logia, you would have found that the game was meaningless at that point. There was nothing to do. No one cared about outposts, but you better believe that they're valuable now.
Meh, I really didn't care much for Logia DF's. I prefer a Paramecia. Like the Gomu Gomu Or Hana Hana (Robin's DF, not added)
Ovon, sorry btw.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19