ID:1218963

Just wondering and all but does anyone here do some sort of investigation on new Members who want to join your team?. I've been going through some of my new team members and i recently paged some people to see if they know him and came up with bad results. Does anyone else do this? and is it bad? Because that might be a one time thing and not sure and all.Sorry if my grammer sounds bad xD
Depends on who you ask really. One kid got mad at me and started bad mouthing me because I refused to buy him a steam package. You can't always go by what other people say. *shrug*
Usually people just work with people they've known on BYOND for a while so there's often no need for a "background check".
I strongly recommend people to ask probing questions of their potential teammates via voice chat. Most lies are obvious if you know what to listen for. People who aren't trained to look for signs of deception have around an 80% accuracy at detecting casual lies. People trained in interrogation, though, have been known to reach a 97% accuracy.

The single best tool you have is your intuition, and your ears. Background checks really aren't necessary.
Just don't work with random people that clearly can't do anything.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I strongly recommend people to ask probing questions of their potential teammates via voice chat. Most lies are obvious if you know what to listen for. People who aren't trained to look for signs of deception have around an 80% accuracy at detecting casual lies. People trained in interrogation, though, have been known to reach a 97% accuracy.

The single best tool you have is your intuition, and your ears. Background checks really aren't necessary.

^^ You should start up a "background check" service ^_^
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

^^ You should start up a "background check" service ^_^

EmpirezTeam wrote:
Usually people just work with people they've known on BYOND for a while so there's often no need for a "background check".
Yes, because talking to twelve year old narutards on skype is the best way to use my military background.

To be clear, I wasn't an interrogator. I was a language analyst. Still though, it'd be a huge waste of time if anybody was actually going to bother asking me to vet someone.

It's usually pretty obvious who you should or should not ask to work with you anyway.

Tip: if they play your game, odds are, you don't want to hire them and give them source access.
I got with my GUT FEELINGS.

hasn't really worked for me tbh.
In response to Ter13
My brother is actually going into that field. He took the DLAB a few weeks ago and got a 105, he's going to MEPS Wednesday. He's scheduled to leave June 29th.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
My brother is actually going into that field. He took the DLAB a few weeks ago and got a 105, he's going to MEPS Wednesday. He's scheduled to leave June 29th.

He'll have fun in monterey. It's a nice place. He NEEDS to study though, and work hard. That place has over a 66% attrition rate. When you put together all the factors that cause people to not make it, only 1 in 10 make it through linguist training beginning to end. Good luck to him.
In response to Ter13
He really likes that field, so I think that should at least weed him out of the people going to it just for the $20,000 bonus. Lol. I always believe that people who enjoy what they do will do better than people simply in it for the reward.
I do background checks for free. Everyone knows I'm creepy and I find stuff, right?