ID:1239047

I just got a Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet about 4 hours ago, and this is some of what I have done so far lol.

I'll upload more in a bit, hopefully.

It definitely has its own learning curve, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.
I think it looks pretty cool (: good job.
It has it's own learning curve for sure, god damn im still not even used to mine x_x. They just feel different lol, hope you get better tho :P i will try and get better in the mean time.
My main issue is cleaning up the outlines. I can outline the shit out of a figure, but cleaning them up...I may just not be going about it right, I don't know. All I know is this honestly looked better before I cleaned up the lines lol.
In response to Albro1
honestly that's good enough as is, I can't even do my outlines xD, and cleaning them up is like a horror show. but yeah most sketches look better before you clean them up for some reason probably cause they're sketches.
The leg and the arm's size doesn't fit together. The left arm's elbow is weird and way too bigger than the other one. Perspective is something you don't play with. I didn't know if it was a C/C but I just wanted to state my opinion about those subject. Also, his legs looks muscular so those his body. Unless you have done his arm purposely in a tooth-pick size, I must agree it makes the drawing weird. Out of ten I'd give it a 5 outta' 10. But IT IS your first try :)
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
The leg and the arm's size doesn't fit together.
Yeah, I noticed lol.

The left arm's elbow is weird and way too bigger than the other one.
Yeah the other arm kinda...I don't know what happened there.

Perspective is something you don't play with.
That depends :P
I didn't know if it was a C/C but I just wanted to state my opinion about those subject.
I don't mind.

Also, his legs looks muscular so those his body. Unless you have done his arm purposely in a tooth-pick size, I must agree it makes the drawing weird. Out of ten I'd give it a 5 outta' 10. But IT IS your first try :)

Thanks haha.
a tip, if you're used to drawing on paper, turn off the touch mode so you can rest your hand on the tablet. if you havent already done so.

also my software of choice, paint tool sai
In response to Zane444
Yeah, I did. It's kind of slow going, but I'm getting used to it and little by little getting faster with it. Speaking of, here's a terrible quick colored sketch of a face lol. I've never been good with color and I know I overdid it but eh.

Congrats on the purchase!
theres a process to it, sketching>new layer> clean sketch>new layer Inking>coloring

GET PAINT TOOL SAI ITS AWESOMELY AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYnxvtt6hU

http://puu.sh/2BwDt something i did a little while ago

would be happy to help improve, you can add my skype if you want. Rashad.j.rolle
In response to Zane444
Zane444 wrote:
theres a process to it, sketching>new layer> clean sketch>new layer Inking>coloring
I did lol, ended up with at least 8 layers.

would be happy to help improve, you can add my skype if you want. Rashad.j.rolle

I think I'll take you up on that, however my internet situation is dismal right now. It'll have to wait.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Zane444 wrote:
I did lol, ended up with at least 8 layers.

I think I'll take you up on that, however my internet situation is dismal right now. It'll have to wait.

Don't! It's a trap!

In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
My main issue is cleaning up the outlines. I can outline the shit out of a figure, but cleaning them up...I may just not be going about it right, I don't know. All I know is this honestly looked better before I cleaned up the lines lol.

My girlfriend uses SAI to draw her pictures, and she is always making sure to use layers. Whenever she sketches the drawing, she creates another layer, and then she basically traces the picture using the line tool what keeps the line-art looking good. Then after she's done with the flawless outline, she puts the base colors down and then she colors and shades at the same time. Point of story: Make sure you use your layers wisely (if you have layers)

Zane444 wrote:
a tip, if you're used to drawing on paper, turn off the touch mode so you can rest your hand on the tablet. if you havent already done so.

also my software of choice, paint tool sai

Exactly what my girlfriend does, and uses. lol
In response to Flysbad
Like I said, I ended up with at least 8 layers and the lines are suckish at best. I guess that just comes with time and practice though.
Layers, They are really useful. For me i end up using like 17 layers because i don't want to mess anything up but then go back and redo like 16 of them for no good reason xD. Although i do use SAI sometimes i prefer using Sketch Book Pro since it enables my tablet to use the sensitivity thingy. (My tablet doesn't provide sensitivity....)
I'm a fan of CS5, it gives me unparralelled control over each and every pixel and there are certain brushes that really capture the look and feel of a normal drawing pen.
Looks nice for a start :P

as for your problems with outlines, for myself, they don't really exist, play more with colors and brushes with penpreasure, and add the outlines later as you then see what is really necessary (lighting based)

also, make some highcontrast studies aswell for depth skill
I tried out Paint Tool Sai, I rather like it.

I did this very tediously in about an hour.
if you want a more pencily look try this set up.

http://puu.sh/2BTid

set min size to 0% so you can fully utilize the pressure sensitivity of your tablet

set your density to something of your preference for sketching i usually use <50
Page: 1 2 3 4 5