Tom wrote:
We've also added a "donate" option to the site & pager (on the site it is the new "Support BYOND today!" link in the upper-left.

That's not going to cut it. I didn't even notice it was there until reading your post. How about adding a monthly goal counter with a progress bar? I've seen those on plenty of websites and it's a somewhat transparent way of seeing how much the community is chipping in.

Same goes for the pager. I didn't even notice the donate link.
In response to SuperAntx
Let's not try to discourage the community about how little it may or may not chip in. If we see almost nothing contributed it might down our spirits and make us feel rather negative about the community.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Tom wrote:
We've also added a "donate" option to the site & pager (on the site it is the new "Support BYOND today!" link in the upper-left.

That's not going to cut it. I didn't even notice it was there until reading your post. How about adding a monthly goal counter with a progress bar? I've seen those on plenty of websites and it's a somewhat transparent way of seeing how much the community is chipping in.

Right, like I said in the post, we'll get a more visual indicator on both the pager and website. Not sure it will matter but I don't think it hurts.
In response to SeymourG
The community is already extremely negative. I think a progress bar (Given that it is positive) will be a great thing for the community.
Considering some random guy just gave me a free membership I'd say we're not doing bad, but I'd like to keep it so. I guess we could try it and see the response.
In response to SeymourG
If you believe that one random membership to you means we aren't doing too bad, you must be new here. Teka has donated far more than one measly membership per month. Lol
I've been donating multiple a month though, Albro. Lol. Huehuehe. Talk to Tim. I'm getting up there to the top. ^_^.
I also like the idea about an indicator. As long as it matches the layout of BYOND itself it will be a great feature. Makes donations to me feel more like a game that I want to beat.. That's how I view it. And if I can't really tell my progress in the game, how will I know if I'm even doing good? The benefactors list does me well enough though!
Hello I have a question. I update my byond to version v.499 its really cool and comfortable ( I know my english su*k XD ) but it cant load "Games". I mean this http://puu.sh/36Dgt.png
You should definitely make the "Support BYOND" thing a bigger button at least. I can barely see that thing!
Lol i didn't notice it either until after reading this post, but I've donated my bit :)

But i'm pretty sure Tom's got a few more plans which will inevitably change where it is located and make it much more obvious.

I just hope it's some kind of bar graph/thermometer type display which shows targets or goals and displays current amount achieved.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Makes donations to me feel more like a game that I want to beat.. That's how I view it.

I like that. Here's an idea: allow people making donations to point to a game on the hub while doing so. The game with the most money raised through "referrers" before the site hits its donation goal gets its hub icon or banner displayed front and center next to the donation tracker for the duration of the next month.
Still crashes.
Lol. SuperAntx just gave a game concept that I wouldn't mind playing. Probably a longer time interval would be nice because some people make more than others in a month.. Probably 6 month period? or 3 month? That's like wiping a game every month and I would end up just quitting that game. But I like their idea.

I have still yet to upgrade my pager.. Graduation Reheasal and all. Busy end of the school year. *sigh* I just hope when I do try it, all the kinks are worked out! ;)
Next week we'll add in a visual indicator of the goals and money contributed, as well as a listing of contributors and amounts for the day/month/year/etc. Hopefully it'll be inspiring! We've had a few very nice donations so far, so thanks very much peoples!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Next week we'll add in a visual indicator of the goals and money contributed, as well as a listing of contributors and amounts for the day/month/year/etc. Hopefully it'll be inspiring! We've had a few very nice donations so far, so thanks very much peoples!

Oh, great. Now everyone is going to know about my $1,000,000,000 donation being a lie. >:/

I'll probably toss out some money when I get the chance, though.
In response to Tom
Sounds great as it will help with the competitive side of supporting Byond, Also Could you extend that to show day/month/year/all time ? or would those details be too hard to dig up out of the database.

Lige, for a minute i nearly thought you'de become the saviour of Byond.
We should be able to show everything (which is going to make a few people here look really good lol)
If you're going to publicly display who donates what you should probably make sure to add a "donate anonymously" checkbox before you finalize it.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
If you're going to publicly display who donates what you should probably make sure to add a "donate anonymously" checkbox before you finalize it.

I'm assuming it'd be based on the "Show as benefactor" account setting...?
Page: 1 2 3 4