Love

by Bloodocean7
A Short Story Of Love.
In response to Mikey Reborn
It's common sense really.
Note: Let me know if this games download link is working now and I am unsure If I updated correctly (I deleted the old file and uploaded the new one) So I think you have to uninstall and reinstall the game to see the new features. Please let me know if I did it right and if not what to do.

And let me know what you think of the new features! :)

I added a alternate ending and a new quest and also changed the map as well as other small changes.

Thanks for playing and for your great feedback! I will be working on adding more to this game frequently!

BloodOcean7.
I played last night. Seems like the game glitched a bit after I grabbed the stone for the kid.
I couldn't get it to progress past that point.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
I played last night. Seems like the game glitched a bit after I grabbed the stone for the kid.

I couldnt collect trees.

EDIT: Nevermind I read the How To Play , didnt know you had changed the controls .
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Though I like the changes to the controls, made it a ton easier to work the game! Though I still would like to have a bit bigger of a view area to see more tiles at once. :)
In response to Cccel
Also I agree with a larger view.
Maybe set the view to 8 and the perspective to edge limit.
I had a issue with the code that stopped you from advancing, thanks for telling me! Could you test it now? if it doesn't work let me know :) (PS uninstall the game then reinstall it)

Also in the next update I could make a wider view and I'm adding even more to the game so keep an eye out :)

Thanks!
Bloodocean7.
Things I've found that would help improve the game so far.
  • Change the view. It's fairly small. 6-8 perhaps?
  • Set character bounds. This is done by adding
    bounds="9,1 to 30,45"

to each mob for instance, 9,1 are the x and y coordinates of the bottom left , and 30,45 would be the top right coordinates, everything within that "box" would be a contact zone.
  • Unable to advance after a certain point.
  • Can walk through houses. I'm assuming it's because of the bounds issue I mentioned up above.

Additions I think would be cool.
  • Ability to build a farm or grow something for food.
  • Fish infinitely regenerate after being gathered, maybe you can only get like 2-3 per spot and then you may have to wait 6 mins or something- or visit another spot.
    turf/foodpoint
    DblClick()
    GetGathered(usr)
    var
    resources=5
    wait_time=2500
    tmp/out=0
    proc
    GetGathered(var/mob/m)
    if(!out)
    if(resources>0&&!out)
    resources--
    m.food++
    else
    out=1
    spawn(rand(wait_time,round(wait_time/2)))
    out=0
    resources=initial(resources)
  • Day and night cycles or perhaps just the passage of time.
  • Berry bushes.
  • A need to eat, and drink.(Thirst or hunger)
  • Tools, like a spear, rope, bow, so on. Depending on how much in depth you plan to make the project.
Well that was dramatic :o lol. But cool.

Also found something else, several creatures showed up and the event leading to end game was repeated.
In response to Bloodocean7
Bloodocean7 wrote:
I had a issue with the code that stopped you from advancing, thanks for telling me! Could you test it now? if it doesn't work let me know :) (PS uninstall the game then reinstall it)

If you did it right, Byond takes care of that updating part all on its own. :)

I demand updates.
In response to Dariuc
I updated the game to fix some bugs and make the new ending work :) I am also taking your advice and adding more survival elements and resources as well as changing the fishing spots.

I will be updating very soon thanks for hanging in there :)

Bloodocean7.
In response to Bloodocean7
Bloodocean7 wrote:
I updated the game to fix some bugs and make the new ending work :) I am also taking your advice and adding more survival elements and resources as well as changing the fishing spots.

I will be updating very soon thanks for hanging in there :)

Bloodocean7.

*if you could see me right now you'd see my grinch smile* I'll just do the whale instead. -__________- awesome :D
Game is starting to shine. Keep up the good work!
Ohohohoho what a boring game. I was expecting a twist..
Its been forever but due to recent interest by various people in this project I am going to start developing it again.

I have learned alot since I first made this game and I can use that knowledge to improve it.

I hope to have an update soon and am looking forward to sharing a better more involved game with you guys.

Stay tuned,
Bloodocean7.
Page: 1 2 3 4