ID:1271043

Started out mostly as an experiment in perlin world generation, but than as usual, i got distracted...

The minimap only shows areas you have seen, and terrain changes only get updated when you are in the area and can see them. The map can be resized to a smaller version if desired, and all HUD elements can be made semi-transparent or hidden. The graphics are iffy and need to have the colors matched up a little better, but they're mine, except the grass border which is a heavily edited copy from some Zelda game for now. Working on the replacement for it.

I'm thinking something with elements of Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode, and traditional RPGs. And no, it's not vampire focused. I just liked how Vampy came out :)

EDIT: Added a pic with adjusted HUD elements.

And no, it's not vampire focused

So there's no Team Edward in this game?
I like the look graphics are really nice.
I like the idea and it looks great!

Good Luck with your project!
It looks pretty and me likey PCG. =)

May I suggest brightening the blue on the speaker's name in the message box? It might make it more accessible. Perhaps it's just me, but I have trouble seeing blue on black.
Sexy mini-map!
This has some really neat stuff in it =)
Cool.
Indeed, it looks very nice. Good luck with the project and I hope to see further updates. :)
This is what good programming can do.

Too bad none of them will help developers make Actual Games.
That's pretty neat, though I'm not digging your palette.
Been working on this as I can. This video shows a little of the minimap, and the basics of the crafting system. Pretty much similar to Minecraft's crafting because I like how it works. Still working on it, and the video didn't capture the mouse pointer, which changes to match whatever you are moving around the crafting/inventory screen. I'm still trying to work out how to have various materials affect your crafted item. I want a wide variety of materials which can affect the finished item differently and I'm struggling with a recipe system that doesn't require me to create tons of individual recipes.

https://www.facebook.com/ photo.php?v=672422939441126&l=6652676003625269240

If you don't watch it in HD (click the HD button on the bottom of the video), it looks (more) like crap.
I was impressed. Until I saw the face xD
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
This is what good programming can do.

Too bad none of them will help developers make Actual Games.

If this is referring to me, first off, I'm a terrible programmer. Awful. I'm a brute force kind of guy with no training and my programming practices would make most people cringe.

I'm always happy to help when I can, though again, there are MANY people here more qualified to help with programming than me. I have contributed small bits of art to a number of projects though, and will take a stab at an occasional code problem.

In response to AERProductions
<------------- You mean this face? ;)
Both, this one and the random one in the map :o
How the heck does your minimap work?
Well what I mean by good programming is that it is better than I can do and in much shorter time.

That is kind of how I Want my game to function but because I am mediocre at best, I couldn't achieve that within the confines of my project (maybe if I started clean and threw a bunch of things together like it seems you are doing, but that leaves out all of the content).

Still a nice fundamental beginning though, now just spend three years on it and add some content and it will be awesome. I can only hope my game comes out half as good as I want it to be because I am unable to accomplish the advanced things I want (so have just given up on those features).
In response to FIREking
Well, this particular one probably wont work well in multiplayer, so I'll have to adjust it if I want it to. Pretty much it's just a large icon that I shift and draw new edges for.
In response to Flick
oh poo. that would not work in multiplayer.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Well, this particular one probably wont work well in multiplayer, so I'll have to adjust it if I want it to. Pretty much it's just a large icon that I shift and draw new edges for.

Ah, so a pretty effect basically.

Well it certainly does look nice.

I am hoping how I have my project setup it will work well over network, but because the world is so vast I don't know if it will. I have a backup plan if that is the case though.
Page: 1 2