In response to Oasiscircle
I think I read somewhere before that they did not set up anything for this, but exceeding the goal is excellent, and that it won't carry over into the next month. Obviously, this could have changed, but I figured it was worth noting.

Also. If it doesn't carry over, my guess is that the months before the fund-o-meter was implemented fell short, so any extra for this month could potentially help relieve that and get us back on track for the overall goal of the year. This whole guess isn't because of anything that I heard, but it makes sense to me so that is why I think it.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
I think I read somewhere before that they did not set up anything for this, but exceeding the goal is excellent, and that it won't carry over into the next month. Obviously, this could have changed, but I figured it was worth noting.

Also. If it doesn't carry over, my guess is that the months before the fund-o-meter was implemented fell short, so any extra for this month could potentially help relieve that and get us back on track for the overall goal of the year. This whole guess isn't because of anything that I heard, but it makes sense to me so that is why I think it.

Tom already stated in one of the previous posts that it wouldn't "roll over" to the next month's goal.
I don't really think that's a good idea. We're probably gonna exceed this month's goal, but in the following months... Maybe not. We may need the extra kick.
Yeah, but if we carry-over, what about the months when we don't meet the goal? Do we carry-under? The point is that the goal is a satisfactory amount but ideally we can surpass it because I'm sure there will be months when we don't make it. The main purpose here is to just put it out there that this is what we need to keep the project going-- and as long as people understand that, hopefully enough will kick in a few bucks here and there to help out the ecosystem.

What I don't want is people like Teka123 footing the bill by contributing $500 every month-- it's so incredibly generous but it's not fair or balanced. How about 100 people contributing $5 instead?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Yeah, but if we carry-over, what about the months when we don't meet the goal? Do we carry-under?

I think it would've been cool if the fund-o-meter just went through the entire year. Basing it off of $60,000 a year and just have it display the time through the year that has been funded. More of an absolute display that changes with the donation amount rather than with time.
In response to Tom
teka is secretly bill gates or something, that's the only way someone can afford giving 500 a month to this site
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
I think it would've been cool if the fund-o-meter just went through the entire year.

I don't have a problem showing the cumulative results, but I don't know how well that will do as a "goal" marker since it's over such a big period. Mainly I just want to keep it fresh in people's minds that these contributions are necessary and appreciated.
awsome im putting in my two cents this monday:) keep up the good work tom
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
teka is secretly bill gates or something, that's the only way someone can afford giving 500 a month to this site

Lol ^ ++
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

its a conspiracy!!!!

bahh why cant there be a seperate pager skin for us who miss 3.5 T.T
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

its a conspiracy!!!!

bahh why cant there be a seperate pager skin for us who miss 3.5 T.T

Well if this is the case, at least we can confirm he'd be using his money for good. :D
Tom, you really need to put the Meter on the Pager, anywhere.. as long as you can see it. Not only when the game's loading somewhere else. If everyone on BYOND donated 2$ everything would be fine but most of the people are not aware of that.

"If you like the games on BYOND, support it! Every little counts!"
It's on the pager (the last two versions). On the Home page.
It is normal if I can't see it?
Hmm, it seems to be broken. It was there in the last release! We'll get that fixed.
I'm having a million problems with it. I can't even re download it now...
The meter not showing on the pager is my bad; I accidentally changed something in the web code. It'll be fixed shortly.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The meter not showing on the pager is my bad; I accidentally changed something in the web code. It'll be fixed shortly.

Get it together Lummox.
i dont like the new byond hub
Great job guys! Will definitely get a membership this week.
Page: 1 2 3 4