I would join but (University Degree > BYOND Competition). Do something like this around Christmas when we can actually afford the time. Doing this would be the difference between me getting a C on my assignments that week instead of an A. Not prepared to do that.
Count me in.
I'll try and submit a worthy entry.
Falcon lazorz wrote:
a bible verse? wtf

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Single and probably most famous bible quote of the early/late 90's.

Translated into a game it could literally be a ton of things.

Farmer takes up arms after his family is slain by a corrupt king.

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Vs All manner of supernatural creatures using divine protection.

The point of the contest is to use imagination.
In response to Totally Unexpected
Added to the contestants.
In response to Zecronious
Understandable.
In response to Doohl
Also understandable.
I guess I should mention that Taitz is my partner in crime.
In response to Rushnut
Updated.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
Updated.

Edit: dammit didn't post in time ;_;
I have a few questions:

1. Will this contest actually start and end when it says it will?
2. Will this contest actually be judged? How can we believe you, considering most contests don't have a conclusion on this forum?
3. If the contest is actually judged like you hopefully promise, when will you judge it and when will you conclude your judging? How can we trust that these time frames will actually be delivered upon?

Sorry for all the questions, they have to be asked around here because clearly no one knows how to run a contest on this forum: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1329317
In response to FIREking
In response to 1). Contest has already started. It will also end next sunday.

2)'s Response: I don't require you to believe me and I don't think you should trust anyone that says "trust me" either. That's not meant to sound tactless, I simply mean that you have no reason to "trust" me. This is an optional thing to have some fun. I do think it's a bit strange that you would hold me accountable for other people's short-comings though. That's hardly a responsible outlook.

I can't speak for others, all I can speak for is myself. I thought this through and ended up with the rules that I thought would be most fair when it comes to judging and providing an even playing field for anyone wishing to participate. I also have full intentions on concluding this contest and seeing it through completely from start to finish. I also have people that I've regularly dealt with on this website, financially and otherwise who all find me to be reliable and true to my word. In fact, anybody who says otherwise is most likely just a liar.

3)'s Response:
The plan is to judge the entries once the contest is over(to be precise- as soon as the 2 hour grace period has ended at 7 pm next sunday), and within 48 hours post the results(the exact date being tuesday the 13th)

I specifically asked for 5 judges in the event that one or two just "got busy with life" there would be at least 3 others who could perform their duties, and no one would have to wait. Also so there isn't just "one" judge and to avoid the "you were biased" business.

6 days left. Make something awesome or expect to be fed to a herd of hungry Gremlins.

Just kiddin' ha.
*corny jokes aside*
Anyone care to share some screenies just yet? ^_^
Eh, might join... Although the post above makes me not want to join.
I guess I'm in. I don't expect to have anything done, but we'll see how it goes.
In response to Megablaze
"I just thought I'd flash by to say hi."

Better?

All jokes aside, you have been added.
In response to DivineTraveller
Added!
I guess I'll be participating.
Just out of curiosity what major theme are you thinking about using? So far there's one "advanced technology" that I know of. I was just wondering.
I think the posts here have thoroughly convinced me not to join.
Just to clarify, did you mean discord?

Anyway, I'm using exploration and discord, if that's what you meant.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6