Tales of Judgement R

by Mana Production
Tales of Judgement R
RPG of One's Decisions Affects The World - Requires Byond Ver. 513.1524+
In response to Xhaos
Xhaos wrote:
'Although, if you're looking for fairness then this may or may not be the game for you. The admins DO abuse their ability but mainly for their own gain. You'll only have to worry about it if you pvp them.(save yourself the time and don't). Like any abusive admins, get on anyone's bad side and you're fucked. Like a little kid with power. '

Thank you for explaining 65% of byond games, have a nice life~

lol it's true, I'm just being honest though. No hate.
A bit of feedback.
Firstly the controls, they are god awful, but it they can be changed so thank you for that. However someone going into the game for the first time are going to be confused by the awkward, but easy to remember, controls.

While I was fighting the first enemy I was trying to get used to the controls when out of nowhere I was hit by invisible attacks, that is when my MARTIAL ARTIST ran forward and attacked the monster with his SWORD.

I understand the game is in beta and not all of the icons are finished but at least some kind of indicator for the monster's attack would be nice. If the icon for you character changes to properly reflect your choice for class after the fight I would not know because if you lose the fight (which I did) and try it again, you are frozen and unable to move, and the monster is not shooting it's invisible attack at you. I assume the game is trying to load the tutorial text again but for some reason could not so your character stays frozen. I'm going to continue playing and giving feedback along the way, this game and it's premise has garnered my attention.
To add onto my last post, it appears as that once you finish the prologue that your character's model does indeed match the choices you made for class and race. Also I made a mistake in my last post, you cannot change the combat controls, I saw what looked like they controlled they commands but those were for a different control scheme and it appears as if those cannot be changed either.

It would be nice if the controls were changeable so I can change defend to X instead of D because while D is easier to remember, X is closer to the attack button so it is a smaller window where your defense is down and you are unable to attack.

And like I said before I do want to continue despite the awkward controls and errors I have spotted so far. I want to see this game succeed.
You can still marco just like any over byond game,
If you edit the skin to change how you want it to play then reload the game it should mosty work fine,
I myself just use joy2key and play using gamepad however.
In response to Docky
Docky wrote:
To add onto my last post, it appears as that once you finish the prologue that your character's model does indeed match the choices you made for class and race. Also I made a mistake in my last post, you cannot change the combat controls, I saw what looked like they controlled they commands but those were for a different control scheme and it appears as if those cannot be changed either.

It would be nice if the controls were changeable so I can change defend to X instead of D because while D is easier to remember, X is closer to the attack button so it is a smaller window where your defense is down and you are unable to attack.

And like I said before I do want to continue despite the awkward controls and errors I have spotted so far. I want to see this game succeed.

Now let me tell ya why you're wrong. Although I don't play this game anymore(I was just seeing if anyone responded to my comments lol), some of your issues were just your newbie mistakes. For starters, you follow through with the beginning tutorial that tells you how to do the actions. Each time you perform them, ex."Press C to jump.", then you move on to the next phase. When it's all done, you're able to proceed to killing the enemy. You have to walk/run to the right side where the enemy is at. Reason you were getting hit "out of nowhere" is because even if you don't meet up with that enemy (Neo Chaos I think), you'll still get hit. The indication is the damage number and the fact that your character flinches when hit. If you skip through the text too fast though, you'll be stuck and have to relog(at least when I played anyway.) Now I'll disregard that "MARTIAL ARTIST with my SWORD" thing since you didn't know that at the beginning you play as the "hero". As far as controls being awkward, that's to each his/her own. Personally my D and C keys are broken, thus I had to use my on screen keyboard to Defend. As Xhaos has said, you can macro some controls, though I've never figured out the macro for defending(It's not "Defend" or "Block"). I managed to macro Jump with W, so I'd say you're half right on the changeable controls thing. I'd say "God awful" is a bit much, but I do agree that new players would be a bit confused on controls the first time.
In response to Shazno
I got through the tutorial text, I know I have to "Press C to jump." Also if your getting hit by an enemy that you cant see, that you probably aren't fully sure is there (for example someone playing for the first time might not know that the enemy is out of their screen) then that is getting attacked out of nowhere.

Also I think you didn't fully read/understand my post.
"If you skip through the text too fast though, you'll be stuck and have to relog(at least when I played anyway.)"
Except that is not what happened, I tried to fight Neo Chaos after having lost to him, and could not move.

"Now I'll disregard that "MARTIAL ARTIST with my SWORD" thing since you didn't know that at the beginning you play as the "hero""
I said in the first post that I was not sure that after the initial part that if your character's icons would change to reflect your choices or not, which I find out they indeed do after the fight with Neo Chaos.

Also I say the controls are "god awful" mainly because of the positioning of the run key, while the defend and attack key I have brought up before, mixing the awkward positioning of them is bad enough, pouring in the positioning of the run and jump key and you get a stew of awkward positioning on your keyboard, but it is true that everyone has their own opinion but this is feedback, and feedback is unique to each and every person. My feedback is that the controls are clunky, someone else's feedback may differ or agree with mine.
In response to Docky
Also I think you didn't fully read/understand my post.
"If you skip through the text too fast though, you'll be stuck and have to relog(at least when I played anyway.)"
Except that is not what happened, I tried to fight Neo Chaos after having lost to him, and could not move.

Yeah, I understood that, just felt it was worth mentioning. I've never lost to Neo Chaos though or heard any complaints about it so I've no clue what happens when you die lol.

"Now I'll disregard that "MARTIAL ARTIST with my SWORD" thing since you didn't know that at the beginning you play as the "hero""
I said in the first post that I was not sure that after the initial part that if your character's icons would change to reflect your choices or not, which I find out they indeed do after the fight with Neo Chaos.

Yeah...that's why I said I'll disregard that XD But as we've said, different people, different opinions on the controls. It was a bit inconvenient though to have run at R and attack down at Z. It's like you're just waitin' for carpel tunnel o_o
Hey mana sorry to waist your time and i know your a busy person but I'd like to let you know that faith from tales the game has been helping this guy that just started playing cadius and his levels are extremely high while i work my but off you can check the time he has played and faith not only she is a gm but defending him saying he been getting those levels by himself and stating facts such as an arrow can kill fast but ive been in a team where i been killing monster fast and still not gain like he does im just asking for your help its unfair for the players me and killerfuse and other that work there but off doing misson i really don't want to say anything I'm a quiet person but .. the lawyers aka gm? are not of help but you are judge thank you sincerely: Rocklordx20
That was painful on my eyes to even read you know.

ps, whos mana~
Out of curiousity... is the development staff aware of the copyrights that they are currently infringing upon, and how that is rather against BYOND's rules due to a rather nasty cease and desist order that killed most of the publically visible anime games a few years back? I ask because I'm not so sure that anyone involved in the BYOND project, nor the Namco Bandai lawyers, would be particularly pleased to see blatant sprites ripped from Tales of the World, and art taken from varying games in the series, much less the matter of the name technically being an infringement.

Edit: Also, RPG Maker VX or VX Ace graphics being used without any indication of purchase of non-RPG Maker usage license. I really thought we were done with this sort of thing on BYOND. At least on the front page.
I really think some of the icons used for characters in this game could be better animated, a lot of the sprites are in the wrong spot in their frames, so everything seems to jump around alot.
you guys talk about improving this game when obiously you need these gm's to help the new players not alot of people like to read how to play its just sad these gms just stand all day i mean you can at least tell the new player press v to chat space bar and how to play ect ive done it a couple of times and they listened and played i just stoped because im tired of helping out its just sad thats why no one plays and this game is very good
In response to Rocklordx20
Oh, you think so? First, if they want to know how to play the game the right way they SHOULD read the Message of the Day that ALWAYS pops up whenever you enter the game, but sadly some of them don't.

Secondly, please note that the Team, Admins, and Gm's are busy with real life that is why no one is online right now, even though it's now 24/7.

And Lastly, You think your the only person telling the new players how to play? I'm annoyed from telling them the controls that were GIVEN to them in the message of the day all you had to do was scroll down and read.
i can understand the admin the person who makes the games but the admin himself chose these gms for a reason you got to look at it in there point of view you have to show how fun this game is make them understand the system you kno? once the got it down packed they will insist on bringing friends LIFE OR NO LIFE A JOB IS A JOB A GM SUPPOOSE TO DO IT RIGHT NO ONE TOLD THE ADMIN TO MAKE THIS GAME FREE BUT HE WORKED AT IT LIKE A JOB Im a normal player i can complain i have rights you guys dont so get ur but up make this server run like a rocker and all the fans are there to fuck shit up .... stop complaining no one gives a shit about ur real life remeber help ur friend out the creator make him proud how u think he feels he has to see no one online this is so sad it even hurts my feelings when i really like this game just do your job guys thanx ...
In response to Sophia Aetheria
Sophia Aetheria wrote:
I ask because I'm not so sure that anyone involved in the BYOND project, nor the Namco Bandai lawyers, would be particularly pleased to see blatant sprites ripped from Tales of the World, and art taken from varying games in the series, much less the matter of the name technically being an infringement.

Tales of ACS, a rather large amount of LunaPort/Kaillera/Prometheus fan-mades and other online enabled games using ripped sprites are living fine and well. You just seem off your rocker to me.

(Although, I do wonder as to why this is on the front page...)
In response to Rocklordx20
Rocklordx20 wrote:
i can understand the admin the person who makes the games but the admin himself chose these gms for a reason you got to look at it in there point of view you have to show how fun this game is make them understand the system you kno? once the got it down packed they will insist on bringing friends LIFE OR NO LIFE A JOB IS A JOB A GM SUPPOOSE TO DO IT RIGHT NO ONE TOLD THE ADMIN TO MAKE THIS GAME FREE BUT HE WORKED AT IT LIKE A JOB Im a normal player i can complain i have rights you guys dont so get ur but up make this server run like a rocker and all the fans are there to fuck shit up .... stop complaining no one gives a shit about ur real life remeber help ur friend out the creator make him proud how u think he feels he has to see no one online this is so sad it even hurts my feelings when i really like this game just do your job guys thanx ...

What In the actual fuck?
Yeah, all BYOND users/members new and old to the game. Please, disregard Rocklordx20. He's just angry at something stupid that I will not explain, unless you ask me in the game.

Above all, if joining to play. I encourage you to have fun in this game, even at the hard parts.

May the Walrus of the Universe be with you!!
Ah, It's been awhile since I've been around here. It seems to be thriving, though my absence resides prior to my lack of a viable PC. I've obtained a better, suitable one recently and I'd certainly like to see this game up again.

- Ice Fairy Cirno
Well with the upcoming updates, a lot has changed in the game, you will be surprised what we stored in version 5 xD
though the version won't be a release version for the main server that is online right now, it will be on another server as a beta test server. If you are intrigued to know, best apply for being a beta tester in the game website :P

- Kyle / Leon Magnus
Nice Game
Page: 1 2 3 4 5