Break

by Kaiochao
A fun little game.
ID:1366734

Knock a ball around to take down all the evil red blocks.

Controls (in case you missed them in-game)
Move with the left and right arrow keys.
Launch the ball with the spacebar.

Check out byond://Kaiochao.Breakout for a demo (with source!) of how to make your own Breakout clone!
1ST fan and 1ST comment!xD

VERY polished, great visuals and very smooth.
Overall it's the best version of the game I played on BYOND so far!

Keep up the great work!
In response to Kidpaddle45
Thanks.

If anyone wants to know how I made this, you can take a peek at byond://Kaiochao.Breakout for a demo (full source included!) of a simpler version of this game. I made that in under an hour, and simply extended it to make this. Show me what you guys can do with it!
Thanks a lot.
This is really appreciated. I was also wondering how a few things were made.

Keep it up!
Hope you got more upcoming projects.
Wow this game was really well done and well polished as Kidpaddle45 stated. I enjoyed finding this and playing it for about 30 minutes so thank you!
1 small suggestion, perhaps indicate on the sides where the walls really are for users that maximize the window and have wide screens.
In response to FIREking
Right, that's a problem with the demo that I fixed in the game by adding a background. I'm not sure how much I should update the demo because I think it'd be nice if other people could extend it instead.
Couple things:

For some reason, I couldn't get it to run when installing from the 'play' link. I had to download the zip and run it from there. Probably a Byond issue, but figured I'd mention it here as well.

I got the ball 'stuck' at one point.

It stuck to the edge of my paddle when I caught it right up against the wall, and I couldn't get it off.

Well done overall, though the moving background annoys me a little.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Couple things:

For some reason, I couldn't get it to run when installing from the 'play' link. I had to download the zip and run it from there. Probably a Byond issue, but figured I'd mention it here as well.

I got the ball 'stuck' at one point.

It stuck to the edge of my paddle when I caught it right up against the wall, and I couldn't get it off.

Well done overall, though the moving background annoys me a little.

Yea I also had to download zip to play and run it from there