ID:132392

We've had some comments regarding the neglecting of the Feature Request Tracker. Truth is, we do look at that often but due to various things (time commitments, under-rating workload) a lot of stuff is not do-able at this time. We will try to provide better feedback in the future (we'll spend some time going through this and the bug tracker to sort things out).

We have come up with a compromise based around the ways some others sites do things, and that is an upvoting system where you can promote the suggestions you think should be given high priority. BYOND Members each get 5 votes that they can allocate as necessary. Votes will be returned when an item is resolved in any way (either by us stating it isn't going to happen or by accomplishing the feat). We will prioritize those suggestions with the most votes (although others may get attention if they seem especially appealing or easy for us). At the very least, we'll give feedback on those first.
This would be much better posted in BYOND News, I think.
In response to Airjoe
Agreed. I do like this feature though. It finally encouraged me to update my membership. ;)
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:

Agreed, but I don't want to have two news posts at once since the pager currently only drives traffic to the latest one. I'll mention it in the next update though.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Airjoe wrote:

Agreed, but I don't want to have two news posts at once since the pager currently only drives traffic to the latest one. I'll mention it in the next update though.

Ha, just kidding Tom. :)
Is there a way to see what features I've voted for?
In response to Forum_account
In response to DivineTraveller
Thanks for pointing that out. I'd vote it up if I could find a free vote :)
Is there any need to keep votes on something once a feature is already being considered for future release? For example, these two are already being considered for a future release, so their votes aren't terribly important, are they? Releasing votes after it's at that point will free up a lot of votes (and maybe stickying it to the top so people don't resubmit the same idea).
In response to Popisfizzy
Well, "On the list" and "next on the list" are two very different things. It may still be helpful to them for prioritization purposes to know which items on the list are most sought after, and should be aimed for in earlier releases.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Well, "On the list" and "next on the list" are two very different things. It may still be helpful to them for prioritization purposes to know which items on the list are most sought after, and should be aimed for in earlier releases.

Yeah, honestly we overdid it with "on the list" so we should reset those. The intent was to say items that were going to be in the next release.
In response to Tom
Maybe it could be "on the list" and "coming soon" or "will be implemented soon". In that way Popisfizzy's ideas could be used as well. People should be voting on things that should be implemented, not vote on what is already planned to be implemented. It seems odd to waste votes on things that don't need to be considered any longer.