ID:1379486

Im just wondering where games stand now today as Genres or w/e itself. What's most popular as of now, Sandboxes? Voxel Based Games? Or real time action stuff?

To me honestly i myself like the real time action games and stuff, turned based is fun too as long as it looks cool imo. As for Voxel ..ehh it's fun but it gets repetitive after awhile just destroying dungeons and such. I do love a good sandbox but it gets boring after awhile to be honest.

So yeah..j/w what the community thinks and stuff.

-VixiV
e-sports type games. dota 2 and league of legends have gigantic player bases, dota 2 went from 300,000 peak players up to 500,000 peak in like 2 or 3 months so yeah. todays peak was 494k but not too far off.
Voxel-based in a genre now? And here I thought voxels were just nodes in a regular 3D grid.

Games that use cubes in their graphics don't actually use voxels, anyway. Like Minecraft.
some use voxels and some dont
I find those type of games ugly as hell to play personally. I don't see anything appealing in them what-so-ever.

As far as games like DoTA2, HoN, and LoL goes I love them all. MOBA has always been a favorite type of strategy game for me since StarCraft first came out and you could fight random people online and Zerg rush their faces off.
In response to Mordasius
Mordasius wrote:
I find those type of games ugly as hell to play personally. I don't see anything appealing in them what-so-ever.

As far as games like DoTA2, HoN, and LoL goes I love them all. MOBA has always been a favorite type of strategy game for me since StarCraft first came out and you could fight random people online and Zerg rush their faces off.

Starcraft isn't a MOBA.
Yes it is. MOBA stands for Multiple Online Battle Arena. View the definition of it, Vrocaan.
In response to Mordasius
It's an RTS.
actually starcraft is a company that makes camping trailers so you're both wrong and need to stay in school and stop doing coke
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
actually starcraft is a company that makes camping trailers so you're both wrong and need to stay in school and stop doing coke

Your trolling is about as stale as the style you do it with, EmpirezTeam. The Starcraft I am referring towards as a game should by common sense or google search for it direct you to either Starcraft, or Starcraft 2(And possibly Heart of the Swarm). Both of which are listed under MOBA definitions; even on different sources of the acronym definition too.

Also, the school and drug reference here was unnecessary.
its funny that you linked an article that, had you even read the first paragraph under the "history" section, you would know why starcraft is associated with the MOBA genre, but isn't actually a MOBA game.
In response to Mordasius
Mordasius wrote:

Both of which are listed under MOBA definitions; even on different sources of the acronym definition too.

Also, the school and drug reference here was unnecessary.

Starcraft was an RTS almost a decade before the term MOBA ever existed. MOBA is a subgenre of action-based RTS games with none of the traditional production cycle elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcraft

MOBA definition: "[A MOBA] differs from traditional RTS games in that there is no unit construction and players control just one character."

Shoots up your argument quite a bit, now don't it?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

MOBA definition: "[A MOBA] differs from traditional RTS games in that there is no unit construction and players control just one character."

Then I shall admit I was wrong then and leave it at that, Ter13. Mistakes happen.
In response to Mordasius
Mordasius wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Then I shall admit I was wrong then and leave it at that, Ter13. Mistakes happen.

we dont have time for your mistakes. either be perfect 100% of the time or get out
EmpirezTeam wrote:
we dont have time for your mistakes. either be perfect 100% of the time or get out

We* Either* don't* .*

:3
i said we didn't have time for HIS mistakes.

my mistakes, on the other hand, are excusable.
Dude, you are a god among men. All Hail EmpirezTeam.
In response to Chumble93
Chumble93 wrote:
Dude, you are a god among men. All Hail EmpirezTeam.

=/
In response to Ter13
It was sarcasm, calm down.
In response to Chumble93
Chumble93 wrote:
It was sarcasm, calm down.

=\
Page: 1 2