ID:157899

My first problem is when i started my game up that the intro scrreen was duplicated and you could not see anything and when i first when onto the map the buildings were duplicated to the point you couldn't see anything

I have no idea how to fix this

Bug

My second problem is i want to make a chat bar on the skin but i dont want it to be the type that you press the button and a talk box shows up or one of those bleach style i want to make it more like Duel monsters unlimted where you can press the button and change the type of chat in the chat bar

I need a example of this because a friend tried to explain it to me and i couldn't get it right
Unless you're making an Isometric style game, you will need to add this to your hub info.

world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP

Otherwise, you will get that image file error.
In response to Dark Prince X
Dark Prince X wrote:
Unless you're making an Isometric style game, you will need to add this to your hub info.

Game info*

Greetings!

This problem belongs in Code Problems.
On the other hand,

I am not sure if you were looking for this but always a chance this could help:

mob
var
Command1=1
Command2=0
verb
Switch_Commands()
set hidden=1
if(Command1)
Command1=0
Command2=1
src.client.command_text=".alt"
else if(Command2)
Command1=1
Command2=2
src.client.command_text="OOC"

.alt and OOC can be replaced with the verb you'd like.

OOC would only be there if you named the verb OOC otherwise you would need to use whatever name you named it.

Hope this helps. :)
In response to Qubic
Qubic wrote:
This problem belongs in Code Problems.

He's not asking us how to fix a code snippet or what's wrong with his code, he's asking how to fix a graphical error brought about due to updating and how to add an interface control. Neither of these constitute code problems.

Dev How-To: Not sure how to do something with BYOND? Ask here!
Code Problems: Post relevant pieces of your code to get help with it.

The former clearly applies here.

(Also, client.command_text was depreciated in 4.0)
Dbar910 wrote:
My second problem is i want to make a chat bar on the skin but i dont want it to be the type that you press the button and a talk box shows up or one of those bleach style i want to make it more like Duel monsters unlimted where you can press the button and change the type of chat in the chat bar

I'm afraid I don't fully understand as I'm not familiar with any of the games you've listed.

I assume by "talk box" you're referring to an input() prompt. So you want to type the text directly into the texbox, press enter and have it appear in the output.

What I don't understand is "change the type of chat", are you referring to standard "say" and then "ooc" or a standard "view say" and "world say"? If that's the case, you can assign commands with winset() to automatically execute a verb/command with an input box.

mob
verb
say(msg as text)
view() << "<b>[src.name]: [msg]</b>" // Send a bold message to the view of the player.

ooc(msg as text)
world << "[src.name]: [msg]" // Send a message to the world.

set_chatbox()
var/a = input("Which say would you like to set the chatbox?", "Set Chat Box") as null|anything in list("say", "ooc") // Let the user select either "say" or "ooc" from an input() window.
if(a) winset(src, "default.input", "command=\"[a]\"") // If they have chosen either "say" or "ooc". Assign that command to the input box.

That is a very, very lame example of how to change the command of an input control at runtime. You'll notice the choices given to the user are exactly the same as the verbs used.

Please note that if that is what you want to do, that's simply an example and will not work if copy and pasted. It also assumes you know how to use winset().
Dbar contact me on Msn and il tell u how to fix the chat problem
Thanks everyone for help i fixed both problems