ID:158111

Note: I'm not sure this is the correct section; if it is not, please move it to the correct one.

Anyways...I was looking through the what people have done with the new isometric system and I started to tinker around with it. It has a ton of potential and it is, no doubt, a great addition to any game-makers arsenal of utilities. My first instinct to when I'm given this is to look at a bunch of games that have been successful at employing this type of map-maneuvering. The first game that came to mind was Megaman Battle Network for the GBA.

It had two map types: the isometric map and the battle screen. The battle screen is what I'm worried about though. Seeing as how the battle screen was a regular grid, its suited towards the top-down map view. How would one even go about employing this switch from isometric to top-down for this?

My best guess is to just manipulate the graphics around one map type or the other seeing as how you can't have both and the map_format is a constant at runtime.

Mind boggling...but I'm interested in your comments. Thanks in advance.
How have you tinkered with it, if it hasn't released yet?

It's not on the builds page.
In response to Mista-mage123
Many people have already(including me) tinkered with it. It was on the builds page, but it was moved to a much more mystical "beta" page.
Multiple servers are always an option.
In response to Chowder
Switching between servers so frequently just for battles can prove to be annoying for the player - it's going to be VERY noticeable.
You always have the option of using client.screen. The drawback to that is you can't use the normal options for atomic movement(step(),Move() etc.)
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Yeah unless of course you just had them leave both windows open? Maybe make the battle server's screen show something else until there in a battle.
In the public release, there will be a method to draw to the top-down layer while in isometric mode.
In response to Tom
Awesome.
In response to Tom
...I love you.