ID:151681

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH9hQ3seiF4

Check it out! Comment, question, critique.
Not bad.
Very nice. Maybe a demo or library for people who want to build sidescrollers?
In response to Jmurph
Perhaps after I finish at least the majority of the game.
Funny how your working on this project when I dusted off my Castlevania game. I haven't tackled the background yet, but I have most of the system finished, and it was enough to put out an old school version of the game.
Looks great! Interested in seeing how the game plays. Definitely a library would help out the BYOND community. Also the Castlevania fan game would be a pretty good supply of new players for our community.

Great work, keep it up and keep us posted!
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Looks great! Interested in seeing how the game plays. Definitely a library would help out the BYOND community. Also the Castlevania fan game would be a pretty good supply of new players for our community.

Great work, keep it up and keep us posted!

If I could get permission from Chase I coul give you the host files to this game, I must have it around somewhere from when I last played with it.
In response to Haywire
So he's not working on the game anymore?
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
So he's not working on the game anymore?

Well he must be if he posted this, however at a point we were conversing on an instant messaging service and the topic of gravity was bought up, we talked about sidescrollers and then he had introduced me to this game, infact - I was linked to the same video in this post.

It's a really neat game, I remember I loved two main aspects:

1) The Gravity Engine.
2) The ability to drop down certain floors.

Unfortunately, I can't find the host files, I was really looking forward to playing with it again :(