ID:161643

So, how would I save a list to a savefile?
My mobs have some vars that are lists.
Using server-side saving, all string/number variables are loaded correctly, but the lists are not --everytime I load my savefile, the list variables are empty.

Is there a way to save a mob's list to its savefile?

Thanks for reading,
Gooseheaded

P.S. If I was not clear, forgive me.
P.S.S. I've searched around the forums, but I havent found a thread with this topic. If there is one out there, please link me.
Are you looking for something like this?
http://www.byond.com/developer/Super16/OBJSAVING

Tell me if it doesn't work. I didn't test it out, but it sounded like what you were looking for.
In response to Aaiske Drew
If your code saves mobs then it should save any lists attached to that mob as well as long as they arent "tmp" variables.

Mine save automatically I've never had a problem with it.
In response to Dragonn
Sorry for necroposting a bit here, but I'm having the same problem... I figured that the lists would save as regular variables, but they don't. Every time somebody relogs, it clears the list.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
1) Is the variable defined as /tmp (ex: var/tmp/list/X)... if so, remove the /tmp - which makes that variable unsavable (which is useful when you are making references to temp. variables like freezing and mob reference [if a mob reference was saved, there's a huge chance of causing a "roll back" of that mob).

2) Check your save system, you may be accident saving it as null or overwriting it with no contents.
In response to GhostAnime
Not too clear on what you mean by a mob reference, but the variables definitely aren't temporary. The save system saves all of mob's current variables, but I don't see how that could overwrite any of them. :/