ID:142997

Code:
mob/var
restingreiatsu = round(src.reiatsu/2)

Problem description:
So I suppose that you can't have a variable in a variable... yeah >_>.

I was curious as how I might make a variable that equals out to 1/2 the src's reiatsu.
GohanIdz wrote:
So I suppose that you can't have a variable in a variable... yeah >_>.

You cannot set a variable at compile-time to a non-constant value; basically, you can't set it to anything that requires most calculations or operations to run, including checking the value of a different variable. Operations can only be done in a proc (or verb, but that is a special type of procs); except some that produce constant values, like 1+2 or 1/2.
That means you cannot use round() neither can you use src.reiatsu. Of course, there isn't a 'src' in your code block anyway in the first place.
If you want to initialize an object variable to a non-constant value, you can just do it as soon as the object is created; for other variables (global ones), do it when the world is created. In other words, do it in the respective New() proc.
In response to Kaioken
So there's no way to make this variable?

See, there are three variables that I'm working with. Reiatsu, Resting Reiatsu, and Max Reiatsu (basically MP). The resting reiatsu would be 1/2 of a person's max reiatsu (I know, that's now how I coded it, but I was just trying to see if something like that would work), and it's what a person would be normally without releasing their max reiatsu.

Is there no way to do the whole 1/2 max reiatsu thing?
In response to GohanIdz
Whenever you change the other variable, change this variable to what you want it to be.