ID:184030

Brilliant site where you can wish for something, and hopefully you'll win and get funding for it! :)

I made two wishes, one for a guitar rig (includes video of me playing guitar, being a retard):

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/1464

And I wished for some recording equipment (includes video of me playing piano to two songs I composed):

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/1387

Make your own wishes, too! :)
And in case you haven't heard, both me and Hiead have already won on this site, so it's definitely legit and awesome :)
I've voted on your Sinyc, and your music as great. Have you got any more uploaded?

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/912

That's my wish. Its for a laptop, so I'll be able to work on furthering my programming knowledge in case this year is as bad as the last one with hospital time, and admissions.
Mine: http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/1385

I'm gonna vote and drop a comment on the others posted here when I get a few free minutes :).
In response to Nadrew
Just to give a hint on how to win to you guys, you won't have much of a chance of winning right now unless you get around 300-400 page views (I'm not 100% sure what their algorithm is, but winning mainly has to do with how many views you get). It's also not going to be too long until you need around 1000 views to win.

And kind of like Nadrew said, it helps for the people on the site browsing wishes if you get lots of comments because it advertises on their recent comments section. Also posting a good video will get you on their "featured" section, though I'm not sure where that is.
In response to Kunark
Yeah, it'll also help when the wishes actually become public. Right now they're not 'current' wishes, not until the 31st.
My wish: I wish for this freaking fad to die out. =P
In response to Jtgibson
Never!
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
Just to give a hint on how to win to you guys, you won't have much of a chance of winning right now unless you get around 300-400 page views (I'm not 100% sure what their algorithm is, but winning mainly has to do with how many views you get). It's also not going to be too long until you need around 1000 views to win.

God, I only have 500+ views. Hopefully thats enough. :-/

And kind of like Nadrew said, it helps for the people on the site browsing wishes if you get lots of comments because it advertises on their recent comments section. Also posting a good video will get you on their "featured" section, though I'm not sure where that is.

A featured section for videos? Darn, I knew I should have added one showing how slow my computer is :|
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
And in case you haven't heard, both me and Hiead have already won on this site

Speaking of, I'm still waiting on the PayPal transaction. How long does it take to pay? =)

Thanks for this Zach! Paypal is preferred, because then we don't have to
get a cheque cut. Yay internet transactions!

Anyways, we'll get your $500 off to you ASAP, as this is your half of the
$1000 pot!

We're hoping to create a wiki for the winner profile soon, so the
questionnaire may be complete through that... We will keep you posted!

Thanks again
Parker

That's from 2 days ago. =/ You'd think PayPal would be an instant delivery, but apparently not.
[Edit] Ah, a few more days is what their last contact said. Sounds good. :) [/Edit]
And, as always, my name was misspelled. It's a good thing that they're not sending me a check; I don't know if miss bank teller lady would let me cash a check for this mister "Zach" person. =(

Hiead
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
Just to give a hint on how to win to you guys, you won't have much of a chance of winning right now unless you get around 300-400 page views (I'm not 100% sure what their algorithm is, but winning mainly has to do with how many views you get).

heh. That counts me out then.
In response to Hiead
It took them a whole month before they sent mine via paypal. Not sure why.

I've gotten lots of checks from CH, all via paypal, and they have a lot of trouble getting them out in time. It's usually because their accountants have to be around and I assume they only come around twice a month or so.
In response to Smoko
My win last week happened at just over 200 views. It seems that the spread of it is a plague though, haha. As people coerce people they know into visiting the site to support their wish, those people stick and raise competition for the next round. It's a pretty large exponential growth factor, if you ask me. =)

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Yeah, that's why I've kinda already given up on mine.
In response to Kunark
Here's mine. What the heck, couldn't hurt!

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/1533
In response to Xooxer
Hell, if anyone deserves anything you do. I mean, wow, you're living in a freakin' forest.

You still have better internet than me, though, you smug bas-- I mean, you deserve it!
In response to Hiead
Yeah, just in the last week (which is also when it started spreading on BYOND) they had an explosion of people, so I'd make the goal 500 right now.
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Here's mine. What the heck, couldn't hurt!

You say that now! Back in the day (that is, a couple of weeks ago when I added my wish), it cost $5 to make a wish! $5 from my pocket!

Incidentally, Kunark's Prezzle to me paid for it in full, but still!

Hiead
In response to Hiead
I think it was better off that way.
Page: 1 2