ID:185169

No offence to last Robot Standing but no one plays it anymore how come its rank is'nt rising like my rank did like 3 times?
It is still played alot, but mainly it seems inactive. It has held its spot at number 1 for many weeks (maybe months?) because of its Deathmatch mode, only allowed to be chosen by Members (if the first person to join) - who are the only ones allowed to vote for the Top Ranked Games.

So its making a advantage of itself.

If I made a Rankings system, I think I would make it so ranks are judged by Popularity, but then also part of it is Members as well.
In response to RedlineM203
RedlineM203 wrote:
If I made a Rankings system, I think I would make it so ranks are judged by Popularity, but then also part of it is Members as well.

Counting non-members for rankings would be foolish, because it'd mean any Joe with 20 keys could inflate his rankings. Now as it stands Joe has to buy 20 memberships to do that, which is a net positive.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Uh... alright then, Unique IPs to a game.
Not all ISPs give you static IPs.
In response to Artekia
I don't see why you pointed that out, because that is just about what I said (but not said <_<)

But I give in anyway...
In response to Lummox JR
/me coughs

I have about 5 or 6 membership keys.
In response to Justin B
One emote:

( : /
Not to mention its easy to switch to other computers and change your IP's, if anything let it stay members.

I think when members came out (1st month free) was widely abused by the people who played that ( made a ton of keys at the time and spammed it as there favorites ) i dont know, maybe im wrong, but i think its why many games are ontop right now is because of this reason.
In response to Dark_rathen
Dark_rathen wrote:
I think when members came out (1st month free) was widely abused by the people who played that ( made a ton of keys at the time and spammed it as there favorites ) i dont know, maybe im wrong, but i think its why many games are ontop right now is because of this reason.

Nope; inactive memberships don't count towards the rankings. If the account hasn't been paid for, it doesn't contribute to the rank of its listed favourite games.
In response to Crispy
What about if they have been paid for, but they haven't been active (posted on) in like...4 months.
In response to Justin B
Justin B wrote:
/me coughs

I have about 5 or 6 membership keys.

But as a wise man once said, "Those are good problems.
In response to Justin B
By "active" I just mean "paid for". =)
In response to Crispy
They paid'd their dues to be able to rank games, it shouldn't matter if they use their blog, or even visit BYOND, as long as they pay for their membership.
In response to Scoobert
Lolol

Paided. I'm sorry, that's just a funny, weird typo to see. I've never seen that one before.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
Heh, that was a typo, I had better fix it for more effect (Paid'd)
In response to Scoobert
Yes, and that's the way it works now.